The First Date (Part 6)

My anxiety levels coming from waiting for y/n to walk out of her apartment building were much too high for my liking. I nervously tapped on the steering wheel and fiddled with the radio station. A few decent songs were playing, but nothing seemed to be good enough for the date. I finally settled on a classic rock station, wonderful background music and not too aggressive. My back molded to the back of the seat as I relaxed.

"Okay," I muttered to myself, "just calm down. You'll be fine. Just don't make it awkward." Then there she was. Her h/c hair fluttering behind her in perfect ringlets, the hem of the dress she was wearing effortlessly dancing just above her knees, her heels hitting the cement with a perfect click. "Don't make it awkward." I whispered slowly once more. It didn't seem to set in; I was too busy being stunned.

She pulled open the passenger side door and dropped into the seat.

"Hey, cranky." A light rose tinge dusted the tops of her cheekbones. I exhaled and said the only thing I could manage:

"You look gorgeous, y/n." The hue on her cheeks darkened. She glanced over at me.

"You look great yourself." I had tried: I was wearing a dark blue collared shirt and jeans with the nicest converse I owned. My hair was brushed out nicely and side parted. "Just one thing." She reached over and messed my hair up a bit. "There. Now it's more...Ethan-y." I checked it out in the rearview mirror. It looked much better, with a few strands curling at random and ghostly floating above the main mass of blue.

"Ah. That's what this look needed. You know, I couldn't figure out what exactly was making me look like a mobster." Her laugh was light and cheery.

"So. Dinner?"

"Actually..." I stared at the full moon. "I have other plans."

"Wow, that sounds creepy-murder-y. Is it because of the full moon? Are you a werewolf?" She exaggeratedly gasped. "Are you gonna eat me?"

"Yep." I said while pulling out onto the road.

"Ha ha, jokes on you because as it turns out, I'm a vampire."

"Well then, it'll be the battle of the century." My eyes scanned the street signs for Lotus Row; there was a nice park with a small lake and one of those cheesy movie hilltops with a big willow tree on top. After a few minutes of silence, y/n spoke up.

"Oh, I love this song." She reached forward and turned the volume dial up. One of my favorite love ballads sang through the speakers. Y/n sat back in her seat and looked over at me with her bright eyes. I kept my eyes on the road, but I could feel her gaze.

"What?" I asked with a small laugh.

"I never thought it would happen."

"This? I never thought I would be on a date with the actual perfect girl." She flicked her eyes back to the road and the pink returned to her cheeks. I glanced over at her for a second. Her hair tumbled over both of her shoulders, like a h/c waterfall, complementing her stunning e/c eyes.

Finally, we passed under the street sign for Lotus Row. I made a left and pulled up next to the curb, shifting the car into park. Y/n looked out of the window and her eyes seemed to brighten.

"This park is beautiful, Ethan." The way she said it made my heart rate pick up.

"Yeah, I came here the first day after moving in. I know the perfect spot." I pushed open my door and took in the sight of the park in the faint light provided by the street lamps. The grass glittered with the small dew drops sticking to the tops, a few clovers scattered around. Some daisies popped up here and there, which added a yellow pop of color to the green and black meadow. The lake was still to a point where it seemed to be made out of navy glass rather than water. Y/n walked up next to me and took my hand.

"Where's this 'perfect spot?'"

"Right over here." I led her to the base of the hill and helped her up the steep incline. She slid a bit, but I found a steady spot to stand. I took her waist and pulled her into my chest. She looked up at me, her eyes sparkling with a sort of lustfulness. Her eyes dropped down to my lips and then pulled up again to maintain eye contact. I smirked a bit and leaned my face in a little closer. Our noses touched, but our lips remained apart for a short second. Then she closed the gap, pressing her lips against mine. She tasted like sugar. I let her push against me, then I pushed back. It was everything I had wanted since I first saw her; it was perfect. Her hands slowly made their way to my blue mass of hair. She curled a few locks around her fingers. She pushed against me one last time before the kiss turned feather light and then ended. Neither of us said anything; we just stayed close and felt the moment.

I let go of her waist and took hold of her hand. It was warm against the cool air. She turned away from me and continued up the hill, her smile large and undying. I trailed behind her as I was slightly starstruck. I discredited all the times she had talked about being awkward with romance, as she was one of the best kissers I'd ever kissed. When we reached the top of the hill, I settled down onto a nice patch of clovers in between two huge roots of the willow tree. She sat down next to me, her hip practically on top of mine. I rested my arm around her shoulders. She gazed up at the stars, her smile becoming less large but more meaningful. I could tell she was feeling just as good as I was.

"This is amazing." She uttered before intertwining her fingers with mine and moving my arm down to be wrapped around her waist. She moved her head so that her nose was tracing my jawline. Her soft and light breaths hit my cheek. I turned slightly so that we could kiss again. I lightly pecked her lips, pulling away so that I could look at her again. Her unchecked smile returned as she moved forward to give another kiss. Soon, the light kisses became heavier and more passionate, satisfying every part of me. Her fingertips traced along my upper arms faintly. She broke it off after a little bit.

"You're an awesome kisser." I sighed. She gave a small giggle.

"You're pretty okay, too." She brushed a lock of my blue hair out of my face. "Pretty decent looking, too." I feigned a gasp and briefly touched my lips to her nose.

"That's the best compliment you've ever given to me!" Her laugh rang out across the quiet hills and playfully pushed my arm.

"Fuck off!"

"Hmm...nah." I kissed her lips once again, but pulled away before she could kiss me back. She grabbed my shirt collar as soon as I moved away, doing the same to me. We pressed our foreheads together, going from sinful to sweet in a matter of seconds. Her eyes reflected the stars.

A/N: I've never written a love scene as long as this (also I've never been in a situation like this lol) so sorry if it's cringy/ not realistic