Redefined (Part 7)

Mark trailed you throughout his house.

"Just tell meeeeee!" He complained.

"Mark! You're acting like a child! Go find Amy or Tyler or someone and stop bothering me!" It was the day after your date with Ethan, and Mark had been pestering you for details since you came over this morning.

"But I wanna knowwww!"

"We got into his car, listened to music, went to a park, made out for a bit, he brought me back to my house! That enough?" He sighed, defeated.

"Not quite beefy enough. Eh, I'll just bother Ethan later. He cracks easier than you" He left the room with a smug expression.

"There's nothing else to tell!" He waved you off as he turned the corner. You laughed lightly and sarcastically while pouring yourself some coffee.

"Good morning, y/n." A bright yet soft voice called to you. Cathryn walked into the room and stole some cereal from the cupboard.

"Hey, Kathryn."

"What are you doing here up so early? Isn't nine in the morning like seven for you?"

"Normally, yeah. I don't know, today I just feel more...chipper." She nudged your shoulder lightly.

"Is it Ethan?"

"Is this how it's going to be? Everyone bombarding me with questions and suggestive nudges?" She shrugged.

"Probably. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some editing to do." She gave me one last wholesome simper and turned to the hallway.

"Have fun." You followed her out of the kitchen but turned to the right rather than the left and sat down on the couch. You clicked on your phone as a distraction from the immense boredom building up while you waited for Ethan to wake up, and went onto your twitter feed. It was practically blowing up ever since the collab you and Ethan had done with the quizzes about each other was posted a little while ago. You couldn't imagine what it was going to be like when you posted the water bottle flip challenge video. Probably lots more smutty fanart. And what about when Ethan and you became official to the general public? Your fans were already flipping out about your relationship and you two hadn't even told them anything yet. The thought of it was off putting, scary even. A nice, private relationship like Mark and Amy's would be ideal, but you and Ethan were both more on the famous side, so that would be nearly impossible. You shrugged these thoughts off and decided to dwell on them later.

One picture you were tagged in was a screenshot of the end screen for one of your collabs. Ethan had his arm around you, and you hadn't noticed it at the time, but your cheeks were especially pink and you were wearing a giant smile. The comment on it read: Awe! Look at the love!!!

"Thank you, ethanluver876." You whispered to yourself. It was only about 95% vexation, the other 5% being sarcasm. A few more minutes passed in which you scrolled through your seemingly neverending feed, and you heard someone coming down the stairs. You shut off your phone before turning around. Ethan was dragging his feet down the stairs, looking more tired than usual.

"Hey, cranky." He waved lightly.

"Sah, dude." He fell onto the couch, resting his head on your lap. "I didn't sleep last night."

"Why not?"

"I got caught in the wonderful world of Netflix." He made a small, twisting gesture with his hand.

"Why are you up, then?" You felt the beginnings of a smile tug at your lips.

"Oh, I heard Mark talking to you." The small smile blossomed into a bigger one, not yet at full capacity, but getting there. You kissed his nose.