Prologue

"What's taking you, carrot?!", I hear Clarissa yell from in the corridor, "We're going to be late!"

"I'm coming",I mutter as I strap on my heeled dance shoes.

I jump up a little as I feel a hand caressing my bare back.

"Ah madre! Clarissa you scared the shit out of me!"

Clarissa just laughs in response, before grabbing my hand and leading me through the corridor.

Soon we meet up with the other girls, all of them giggling just behind the stage. Clarissa forces herself a way until she stands in the center of the circle. I care very little for must girls nor for the crowdiness of the group.

 “Iep!”, I let out a  smothered screams as two arms pull me in a darker corner of a backstage.

"James! You scared me!"

"Wel, I'm terribly sorry for that ma Bella Italia", he laughs as he crosses his arms over my tummy, "Consider my kiss an apology”

I giggle as he presses a kiss to my shoulder.

"Stop!", I say as he tries kissing me more, "Do you want Donatella to see us?!"

"Everybody may see my love for all I care", he says smothering his voice in my hair.

"Stop James", I giggle turning around to peer into his eyes. “I see you after…after performance oke?”

I pressed a quick kiss to his lips, before staring at the ground.

“I’ll be right here”, he smiles giving me a little pet on the head, before disappearing in the dark again.

“Time to shine ladies!”, the stagemanager yells almost pushing us out on the stage.

We shuffle in the dark, trying to find our marks, seeing that we are perfectly in place to avoid punishment.

“Gentlemen! The Hound and Fox club is proud to present to you......the librettes"

I always feel somewhat overwhelmed as the lights pop on and the music starts to play.

“Ten young girls! Firm of meat, talented in dance and other!”

Laughter rolls through the audience and it makes my skin crawl.

"Here they are....Lisa!"

We have to step forward as they say our name and do this shameful routine, showing of our….assests… But I don't want to do this. I have never wanted to do this.

"Lorette!"

Every time I hear another name, my name comes closer.

"Francine!"

"Lore!"

"Tara!"

My palms start to sweat, only four more names….

.

"Colette!"

"Sarah!"

I pray to Santa Maria, that she may forgive me for what I am about to do.

"Lorraine!"

“Clarissa!”

I grunt under my breath, closing my eyes before the horrid moment.

"And last but not least, the hottest redhead you'll ever meet. Straight from Italy!..."

There we go.

"Give a warm welcome to our stripping beauty....the goddess of revue.............

CHARLOTTA!!