Year One. Never Even Knowing.

Draco Malfoy had never liked apples. Not red, not yellow, not a mixture of colors, and he was in no rush to try green.

His mother pleaded with him, she nagged and bothered him to try them. He refused. His father threatened him, he yelled and even hit him once. Draco still refused.

But now he was at Hogwarts. There was no one to nag him, or threaten him about the apples there.

Narcissa had packed her son a lunch for the way there. Well, more like she ordered Dobby to pack it, and told him what to pack. Draco opened up the package. Inside lay apples. He held them up for the friends in the compartment to see.

"Who wants an apple?" A girl, Pansy he thought it was, raised her hand. He chucked the package into her lap. "There take 'em all." Pansy glowed. He heard her whisper something to the other girl like, "Look. The Malfoy likes me best." He laughed. Draco could work on her. After all he was a Malfoy.

"Drakey," began Pansy.

"Drakey? What kind of name's that. It's Draco. Or Malfoy. Not Drakey. Now continue." She looked slightly hurt. "Sorry for sounding rude. I hate nickmames. Continue please."

"Draco," she began cautiously, "have you heard that Harry Potter is on the train?"

"I have." However our young Mr. Malfoy was lieing. "Hmm," he mused to himself. "Together we could be very powerful. Hmm." Suddenly the train stopped.

They walked to the lake and got in some boats. Draco didn't think much of the ride until they got their first glance of Hogwarts. His pale grey eyes widen as he gazes upon his new home. Few things revive such treatment from him though. One such thing would later be an apple.

They entered the entrance hall. Draco saw a boy with messy black hair and glasses talking to a tall redheaded boy with freckles.

"Weasleys," he muttered the name like one spitting out a particularly foul chunk of food. He stepped over to the boys and extended his hand.

"I'm Draco Malfoy. Be careful making friends. You could end up with the wrong sort." He eyes the Weasley coldly.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks," Harry says and turns away.

"Ohhhhhh! Rejected!" Says a voice in his head. "Shut up." He mutters. A strict looking woman takes them into the Great Hall.

"Malfoy, Draco." He swaggers up to the stool. The hat barely touches his head when, "SLYTHERIN!" He sits down with his housemates.

"Hey, congrats Draco!" Says an ugly boy with crooked teeth.

"Um... what's your name?" They other boy smiles showing his nasty teeth.

"Flint. Marcus Flint. Want an apple?" It was red and quite juicy looking, and Marcus was surprised when Draco said, "Nah." Marcus just shrugged and bit into it.

This was going to be a long year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N
Waz up readers. Hope you liked it. I know that there wasn't a lot of Drapple in this part. There won't be a lot in the next chapter either. That's because Draco realizes his love for apples in year three. Also Nicky, Mickey, and Renee yes I know this is stupid but I was bored on vacation.

      Thanks for reading,
                              ~Dara