Chapter 1:Prologue

Chapter I

Prologue

**********

Garfield Logan's POV

Right now I'm at Jump City High School library with my friends Richard "Dick" Grayson, Victor Stone and Kory Anders. Kory's real name is Koriand'r.
To me, reading's nothing but plain boring but I'm here because I don't want to go home yet. I don't want to go home only to find a long line of people outside because they believe my mom's some kind of fortune teller and stuff. She's like that because my father's death and my Sakutia disease just made her mind snap.
Good thing my friends always understood me. I've been friends with Dick and Vic since sixth grade. We met Kory two years ago when she crashed down to Earth from Tamaran, her home planet. The Citadel guys tried to kidnap her, and of course, we saved her. We taught her a lot of things about Earth (more like me and Victor taught her because Dick was too busy staring at her tits and ass). Ok, enough flashbacks.

I continue to walk around until I come across a small shelf that says "Mystic Places and Unknown Worlds". I noticed an old and weird looking book. Its title says Azarath. I start to think about Rachel, a girl a met in my dreams. I'm not really into books but the book really caught my attention because of her. I read through it for hours until the clock stroke six. Its past curfew. I realize my friends left a few hours ago when I was so busy reading about Azarath. I went home as soon as I can, cause no matter how unstable my mom is, she still worries about me and is still my mom.

By dinner, My mom noticed that I've been acting weird. She asked me if anything was wrong. I asked her, "Mom, do you know anything about an inter dimensional place called Azarath?"

My mother answered, "Gar, when your father had his...accident, I began to read and study different things. One of them is Azarath. I found lots of books about it and one of them told of how to create a portal to go there. Of course I didn't go. You were seven years old back then and I couldn't leave you. I still had the books, though. Would you like to read them?"

"Really, mom? That would be great!" I replied enthusiastically.

I finished dinner then she led me to a room in the house where there are lots of books about Azarath then discussed them to me.

-Three Days Later-

I told my friends everything. They were all shocked at first but it was Vic who spoke up

Victor asked me, "So, dude what's your plan? Going to Azarath and disappearing from the face of the earth?"

I didn't know what to answer. Before I had the chance to, Robin cut me off, "Garfield, are you sure this is what you want? Once you go there, there'll be no coming back"

But before I could answer Dick's question, Victor interrupted me with another question ,"If you want to leave, B, we respect that. But we wanna know why"

I answered, my emotions evident as i spoke, "Because I'm a freak, Vic. I don't belong here. Every time I walk at the city, children would look at me with either fear or disgust in their eyes. I wanted to be somewhere where I wouldn't be a freak among perfects. Also, after what happened with Terra, I don't think I could ever face a blonde girl without remembering her."

Terra was my ex-girlfriend. She played me. She and I were together for a time until one day I caught her cheating on me. That day, I thought I'd give her a surprise at our favorite café. When I arrived, I saw her making out with Luke Castellan at her apartment, the stupid bully at Jump City High who thinks he's the most handsome guy in the world and always called me freak.