Chapter 4: Dinners, Denials and Unexpected Encounters

CHAPTER IV

Dinners, Denials and Unexpected encounters

*************

Garfield's POV 

The Queen of Azarath lead us through a series of doors and a few stairs and we finally arrived at the dining room.

She asked us to take a seat and we did.  As soon as we sat, many servants went in and placed the food at the table.  We ate and ate until we were satisfied.

Queen Arella smiled warmly and raised her glass," A toast. To the return of Princess Koriand'r and to the arrival of  Garfield Logan, Richard "Dick" Grayson and Victor Stone. Welcome to Azarath."

Our eyes went as wide as saucers when she said our real names. We never told her that. Queen Arella's smirk widened. " Or do you prefer Beastboy-Oops, I'm sorry, Changeling, Robin and Cyborg?"

"H-How did you know that,Queen Arella?", I asked in surprise.

The queen laughed before she answered, "Well, of course i know.  I was also once Queen Azar's student and she taught me magic and sorcery. Among of which is some abilities similar to my daughter's, but she is still by far more powerful than me. To answer your question,  I am an empath. i can search your feelings as well as your mind.Using that, I found out your names and other things. I apologize for the way I acted earlier but...back then, I was unsure of your purposes.But now I'm sure. Along with other purposes,  I know that all of you were here to start new life. Aren't I right?"

We all nodded.  

Queen Arella replied,"Then Azarath will give you utmost hospitality and kindness, for as long as your intentions are pure. Later, Rachel will show you three your rooms. one for each of you and rooms close to Rachel, for whenever you may need her".

"Yes, mother", Raven said in obedience to her queen.

"Now that the formalities have been cast aside, let me introduce myself properly. I am Queen Arella of Azarath. I once called Angela. Angela Roth. Nice to meet you all. Now, let's enjoy this lovely evening shall we?"

We all nodded at her and continued to eat. After that, the Queen finished her food then excused herself and left. Rae waited for us to finish, commanded the maids to take the dishes and led us out of the room.  She led us each to different rooms, all side by side. Star's, then hers, then mine, Robin then Cy.

 After she showed us our rooms she said,"Have a good night, all of you. I really do hope that this...friendship would last. now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go to sleep now. Should you need anything, just knock in my room".

 She went to her room, and we did the same.  I went to sleep. At around 2:30, I had a nightmare and woke up. I heard shuffling nearby. I went outside and checked. When I was still at the stairs, I looked at the kitchen.  There I saw Rae. I have to  bite my lip again and again to stop myself from drooling at her.

  I walk towards her and I see her drinking a cup of tea. With her back turned to me, she acknowledged my presence by saying, "Beastboy. What are you doing roaming around the castle at this ungodly hour?".

Naturally, I told her the truth. then I asked, "Chamomile, Rae?"

Raven replied,"Yep. I just woke up a few hours ago and couldn't sleep so i spent a fee hours meditating".

Afterwards, we talked for a few hours. I always tried to make her laugh, since she rarely ever does, but she didn't. The next thing I know,  when I checked the time in my watch its 4 am. I yawned and tried to hide it. Rae noticed and said,"Garfield Logan, if you want to get some sleep, you could".

I smiled at her and even though I can feel my face heating up, I replied,"Rae, you and I both know that the reason I came here was because of you. I don't want to spend a second here away from you".

Raven just glared at me, although a light ink on her cheek was evident, even in the dark,"Oh, shut it Garfield. Go to sleep its not like I'm going anywhere"

I sigh, and finally gave in,"Fine, as long as you pinkie promise that you will still be here in the morning"

Raven tried to protest,"Beastboy, I am not childish enough to-"

"Rachel, please? I wont go back to sleep unless you pinkie promise.", I begged her, hoping she'll agree.

Raven sighed. Then she brought out her pinkie and twirled it with mine. 

Raven glared,"There. happy? now go to sleep"

I sighed.

Before she could react, I kissed her cheek. I whisper in her ear,"goodnight Rae".

Then I quickly turned into a cheetah and raced to me room.

******************

Rachel's POV

I touched my cheek with my fingers and felt heat seeping in my cheeks.

I used my powers to check and, true to his word, Beastboy went back to sleep.

I smiled. Its good that he finally went to sleep, with memories of Terra ruining both our sleep, it wouldn't do if both of us were losing rest. 

After all, It was quite enjoyable  when Beast boy tried to make him laugh.  WAIT, WHAT? ENJOYABLE? SINCE WHEN WAS BEING PESTERED WITH CORNY JOKES ENJOYABLE? Ugh. I must be getting really madly crazy because of him. I need to meditate. 

And the princess did just that, til morning sun's rays peaked on her windows.