Prologue

My Dearest Andrew,

Read carefully, my love, because I am going to ramble.

I've spent the past couple of days looking for the perfect words to describe how much I love you, but here I am with nothing. All I know is you have been my rock, my joy, my life.

When we bumped into each other and our eyes first met all those sunsets ago, I knew in my heart that you were the love of my life. You, and how you see the world, changed me in ways I never thought I would ever be capable of becoming. You stripped me of the childish and selfish version of me, by helping me get over the pain and darkness in my heart. You showed me how great it was to focus on love and happiness. The past two years have been my best, and if you still have any doubts, please know that it's all because of you.

I'm sorry that I hesitated the first time. I realize now that I should've said yes then. But I was scared and I felt like I didn't deserve you. I thought that that was it, that I had lost you forever. But you surprised me and stayed, so thank you for understanding and being willing to wait for me to be ready.

If there's one thing I will always be sure of, it's that I love you with my entire being. God knows I love you more than you and I or anyone will probably ever understand.

So anyway, I bet you're still wondering why I handed you this very cheesy letter.

Well, here it goes...

I'm ready, my love.

There's nothing I want more than to be tied to you in every way possible. So yes, I will marry you.

Forever yours,
Maine

I've lost count of the times I've read and re-read my letter to him, but no matter how many times I see my own words, the feelings when I wrote them are still the same. 

I sighed as I refolded the white piece of paper and returned it in my shoe box of souvenirs and memories.