Chapter 7 || He is the Boss

Chapter 7 || He is the boss

Chorong

I silently sat on the car seat while staring outside the window. I can't believe he pulled me in his car."Talk."I heard Mark said with his gaze fixed on the road. I stared at him with an annoyed expression.We have been in this car for a long time , now."Don't give me that look."

"Okay." I replied while my arms crossed." I am going to say one thing and that is ' I don't wanna go.' , okay?" 

He scoffed." Can't I treat my co-worker a dinner?" Mark asked then he stopped the car as the red light appeared. Then , why me?! I wanted ask him that question but I know that he might be thinking of something evil this time , again. He parked his car infront of an expensive-looking restaurant.We went to a very far place just for this restaurant?!"Go out." He told me as he went out.

I opened the car door and stepped out of the car. I was hesitant in going in."What if he will insist that I should pay for our dinner?" I thought then shook my head.

Mark was standing , meters away from me and is waiting for me in the entrance. I walked step by step , thinking of escaping but my feet led me towards him. He stared at me."Hurry up." Mark said before going in.

I sighed then pushed the glass door open."I wanna go home." I mumbled to myself as I followed Mark. He was talking to one of the staff . The staff led us to a table with a fancy set-up." Tell me." I said while Mark sat on his chair.

"About what?" He asked me with an eyebrow raised. I pointed at the table , me ,and him. Mark rested his chin on the back of his han and told me to sit. I just sat on the chair, feeling unconfortable."I just wanted to talk to you." He replied.

I wrinkled my forehead in disbelief."About what?" I asked as the waiter opens a wine for us. I stopped the waiter then told him that I don't drink those things.

Mark cleared his throat then asked."Are you having an office affair?". I was taken aback by what he just asked. What does that even mean? I shook my head."I don't think you are telling me the truth."

"Why would you ask something like that?" I asked.

"I don't like it when my two co-workers are having a lovey-dovey session during work hours. The worst of all is when they break up because It will be too awkward for them that It will affect their focus in working. So, will you please be honest with me." As he finished talking, the food was served infront of us.

I stared at my plate. Is a relationship in work really a problem? Come to think of it. Naeun has a boyfriend in the company. I look back at Mark who was eating his food."But, Naeun..." I paused.

"What about Naeun?" He asked while slicing his steak with a knife. I shook my head. Maybe, he doesn't know. I didn't reply and then took a sip of my water."Do you remember Mel's party?" He suddenly asked me.

I don't wanna remember."No." I replied. 

He stopped eating then stared at my face. I awkwardly avoided eye-contact with him."I don't wanna be like that , anymore. I kept on thinking about it. I just wanna say that-" He was cut off by his cellphone."I have to answer this."

As he left to answer the phone, I thought of the words he just said earlier. I let out a breath." Was he going to say he was sorry?" I asked , myself. I covered my mouth in shock."What would happen if he did? No. I won't forgive him. Can I?"

"Chorong-ah?"I heard a familiar voice from behind. I hesitated to look back but built up courage to do so in the end. Karen, Mellisa's bestfriend.I never liked her. She hates me , for no reason. "Look at you. You look so pretty."She told me with a smile on her face while her boyfriend just looked at me.

I grabbed my purse and thought of leaving but let go of it. "As for you, you look the same as you were in college." I replied. She scoffed. "I didn't mean it in a bad way. How are you?" I asked.

Karen laughed but you can sense that she really is pissed off. "Got a boyfriend and a nice job. How about you?" She asked me.

"Well, I am working at the Sky Company." I answered , smiling. She looked shocked about what she just heard then whisppered something at her boyfriend's ear. "Excuse me?" I asked.

"Nothing."Karen said , glancing at her boyfriend. " Who are you with? You never mentioned a boyfriend , earlier. A friend, perhaps?"

As she asked me , Mark came back from answering the call. Karen gasped, in surprise. Mark wrinkled his forehead as he saw Karen , standing beside our table. "What are you doing here?"He asked her.

She giggled. " I didn't know, you always had an eye for Chorong. Well, I always have noticed how you look at her. Since college, I knew it." Karen said while her arms crossed.

Mark clicked his tongue then pushed his hair back. "I don't like her and I will never will. So, Will you stop bothering Chorong? We still have a lot to talk about." He replied and sat on his chair.

I somewhat felt angry at his words. "I think I need to go." I said , grabbing my purse then walked towards the entrance. I left my car at the company.Ugh. I stood beside the road and waited for a taxi. I bit my lip as I stood on the ground while checking my phone.

"Hey!"I hear footsteps behind me then my arm was pulled by a hand. I gasped. "Why did you left? I was busy trying to help you. I am so mad. I look so stupid defending you and you left me. I am leaving you here, right now." He said and then walked towards his car.

I watched his car drove away while I was still confused of what just happened. Finally , a taxi stopped infront of me. I opened the door then hopped in. I told the driver where I am going and waited for the taxi to reach my destination. 

As soon as the taxi stopped, I paid then hopped out. I couldn't move at what I saw."Chorong..." She said . Yuri ,my bestfriend who betrayed me is right in front of me . She wasn't alone. My ex-boyfriend was beside her.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Check the music video of Victon's "Unbelievable". 

It would be nice if you could check it out. 

* * *\(0 _ 0)/* * *

*Promoting Victon *

By the way, Is this chapter good? Or is it not?