Chapter 36 || He is the Boss

Chorong

Hayoung and I are sitting in front of a mirror doing our make up and It was pretty fun. I did a simple make up for myself because that is what I want. The next thing I did was grab the dress and tried it on.

"You look so beautiful."Hayoung complimented me which made me flattered. I twirled around while admiring myself in the mirror. I looked at my phone to see if someone texted me. It kind of became a habit, today."You miss him, already?"

I tilted my head as I let my hair down."I don't know. Maybe." I said, not very convinced with myself. 

Hayoung stood beside me with her dark red beach dress."You should make up your mind about what he is to you because he might get hurt in the end." She said as she sat on the bed to put her heels on.

"I am still starting to get to know him." I replied and then noticed that she is wearing high heels. We both stared at each other then I asked,"Where is this party held?"

She stood up and I noticed how she became taller than before with her three inched heels."A yacht." She simply said."Oh, did you expect that we are having it at the beach or did I say it?"

"I don't know." I paused and we both laughed. I don't know what we laughed about but one thing I know, I am not wearing heels."I'll use my sandals and you are not making me use high heels."

We all met at the lobby like before and my eyes landed on Mark who is wearing a polo and shorts. He smiled at me and I smiled back like nothing happened."Any comments?" I asked.

"I didn't know you could be prettier." Mark said which made me laugh. We all went to the van which was waiting for us outside.  The van stopped at a dock and I stepped on the wooden plank with the others.

My hair was going crazy because the wind is so strong. I followed my friends to the yacht and grabbed on the rails to get in. There were a lot of people as well in bikinis and dresses. I don't have any plans on swimming anyway.

"Go have fun. I'll talk to the host." Hayoung's eyes were on Hyunjin then to Mark and me. I nodded and sat on the nearest chair I could see. A lot of people are drinking, dancing and ect.

Hyunjin and Mark was also gone which means I am all alone in this crowd."Hey, there." A stranger said with his hand up."What are you doing sitting all alone?"

He looks like he is about the same age with me and has a decent features."I am waiting for my friends." I simply said without looking at him. He didn't seem to get that I don't want to talk to him.

"Minho."He stretched his arm towards him to have a handshake but I didn't even try to open my hands."I am just like you, I don't like partying as well."

The yacht started moving and the music is getting louder with lights going around."How about I'll get you a drink?" He shouted so I can hear it."Stay here!"

My eyes was wandering around and saw Hayoung with a bunch of people around her. Must be nice to be like her."Oh Hayoung?" Minho asked with martinis in his hands.

"I don't drink." I said.

"Okay, two for me then." He started taking a sip of his martini while watching the crowd."Shouldn't you be with your friends, right now?"

"I'll be back for the martini."

I sighed and stood up to walk towards Hayoung. She noticed me in advance,"Excuse me." She told the others and went to me."I am sorry for not being able to be with you."

"No." I said, smiling.

"I'll be with you after I talk to them, I promise." Hayoung assured me. I nodded as she went back to the crowd.

I looked back to see the stranger still there with another girl. I felt something vibrating on my pouch, someone was calling me.

I moved to a much quiet spot where people aren't around which was the swim platform. I sat on the floor and placed my phone on my ear.

"Hey, can you hear me?"I asked Taehyung on the other line. I heard him hum then I waited."Why did you call?"

Taehyung paused for a second."I was thinking about you. Are you in a party?" He asked, concerned about me."Don't drink that much without me."

"I won't." I said.

"I am going to have a dinner with a friend." He told me then reminded me to not drink, again and ended the call.

My gaze went up to see the fireworks but my eyes landed on Mark leaning on a railing with a girl. He was happy, laughing with her."Why do I care?" I asked myself.

I stood up and suddenly had the urge to drink, probably water. Minho was still there surprisingly. I walked towards him but stopped."No martinis." I reminded myself.

My throat feels dry, I went to the bar and asked for water."Here you go, ma'am." The bartender said.

I gulped the water in one go. Why am I feeling like this? I felt a presence beside me."I saw you and thought you forgot your martini." Minho said then winked at me.

He slid the glass towards me. I stared at it for awhile then took a sip of it."I want more." I said to the bartender.

Next thing I did was dancing with other people. I danced with the beat of the music like I don't care. I felt a hand grabbed my arm."You sure know how to dance." Minho said.

I pushed his hand away from me and started walking upstairs. I must've fell a lot of times on the way."Move." I said.

There I saw Mark with his arm arm around the girl's waist, I don't know what came over me. I grabbed Mark's arm away from her."Hey, watch out!" The girl exclaimed.

"Chorong." Mark was surprised to see me like I do. He told something to the girl because she left with her eyes on me."What are you doing up here?"

I felt frustrated by the fact that I don't even know why I did that."You were happier with that girl." I said."I don't like it."

He was speechless but I didn't stop."You kissed me and now I am confused about everything. You told me that you don't have feelings for me but what is it?" I asked in frustration.

"Taehyung is a nice guy but why did I fell in love with you? You don't really have feelings for me and did that out of something! You were probably bored as -"

I felt his arms wrapped around me, he is basically hugging me while I was crying. When did I even cry? I didn't even try to push him away.

"I also regret doing that." He said which made me even sad."But, I couldn't stop myself from liking you more and did what I shouldn't have."

"You should've known how hard I tried to keep cool when you were with Taehyung because I thought you already found someone else. Someone who will make you happy." He added.

I didn't hesitate to kiss him as soon as he stopped talking. It wasn't long since I suddenly had the urge to throw up."I need to go." I said, running to a near restroom.