Chapter 37 || He is the Boss

Chorong

Before 

I parked my bike on the parking area and placed my bag on my shoulder."Chorong." Yoona said as she walked towards me.

I waved my hand at her."Were you waiting for me?" I asked as I fixed my hair. She shook her head."Did Mark told you that he won't come and pick me up again?"

"Yeah." She said with a sad tone.

"You are here." I heard Mark's voice behind me . I smiled at his voice and hugged him."What did Yoona said to you?" He asked.

I didn't realized that Yoona already left."She told me that you are not going to pick me up again." I frowned.

Mark looked surprised but he laughed it off."Yeah, my dad wants to have dinner with me, tonight." He whispered to my ear.

"Well, I hope you'll have fun." I said then walked ahead of him. He caught up and groaned as he saw me taking out my book."Grades are precious."

Mark placed his arm on my shoulder."You are too smart for me." He said which also made me laugh."But, I still love you."

"I love you too, all aside what you did to me before." I said as a tease. He wasn't really pleased about it which made me laugh.

My relationship with Mark wasn't like this before. You could say he hates me on a different level, bullying to be exact.

But, things have changed. He changed and I understood his side. He was the guy who hurt me but also the guy who loved me.

He was there when my mother got into a coma for months. My father couldn't go home from his work and left alone with my brother.

"I'll always be with you." Mark said, holding my hand tight.

Months passed, we were finally graduating. I was happy with Mark but we started hanging out lesser. I was standing in front of the school, waiting for him.

"Shouldn't you be inside?" I heard Chanyeol asked. I shook my head and told him to go back inside. I was eager to wait for Mark.

I saw Mark's car from afar but it looked like he was going away. I run towards the car but it was fast."Mark!" I shouted as I stood on the middle of the road.

I heard a car beeping but it wasn't too long when I felt the heavy impact behind me and was on the air. Everything that happened before this all came to me and I said to myself, I am going to die. I couldn't feel my body after and saw a light.

I slowly opened my eyes and felt a sharp pain on my head."Nurse! She is waking up." I heard my brother's voice. I squinted my eyes as I saw something bright.

-

Present

3 months has passed which actually is 1 year already. I sat on my bed, thinking I have been on a break for too long."Mom, I think I should find a job." I said as I walk to the kitchen. 

"Sure, I would love that." Mom said while cutting some vegetables for lunch. I actually had a lot of interviews but one thing I want was to work in a big company.

I stood in front of a building, praying that I am going to finally work here. The interview was nice and I met a girl called Bomi.

But, one thing that I suddenly felt afraid of was the president. I remember his foolish acts and how he hurt me physically and mentally."Why does it have to be him?" I asked.

Next morning,my phone have been receiving calls from the company."Hi , I am one of the judges who interviewed you. You have passed the interview, Miss Park. Please come today at 9:00 am. " I screamed.

I had no choice but to stay in the company because I don't have any choice. But, it seems like he had the same feeling with me, instead he feels hatred towards me.

I worked for a short time in this company and learned to love my work. I was fired because of an unfortunate incident and pretty unreasonable. 

That's when I met Hayoung and my ex, Hyunjin. I was in a relationship with Hyunjin way before college and that guy who is with Yuri,now. I never got into a relationship on college except for Mark. So, those messages from two years ago was a convo with him after we broke up and we were good friends. While Hayoung, I only worked for her for a short time and then another incident happened.

When Hayoung went missing, I felt something that I never felt to Mark before. I don't know how but I developed feelings for him.

But, he didn't felt the same way.

I started getting to know Taehyung and maybe I'll learn to love him. 

Hayoung invited me to a trip and this is where it leads to me, getting drunk and confessing my feelings to Mark again.

The familiar feeling on the park was because I once came there with Mark because I told him that I want to go.

I looked at myself in the mirror as I finished my throwing up session."I remember everything." I said to myself, staring at my reddish eyes and nose.