Chapter 6

I decided to stay in at Maria's place. Her mom left when I was in the washroom and so when she came to say goodbye, she didn't see me ergo she still doesn't know I'm here. I have to sort through my head. I assured Maria that I'll be fine. God, that girl worries too much. It's not like a giant bubblegum monster will swallow me.
I fiddled with my locket and mulled over things, and munching on a wafer I found in my hoodie pocket.

After sometime I got bored of my routine and decided to explore the house. It's been a long time since I've been here, I realised. The last time I was here was about an year ago, and I was covered in candy floss and I remember my parents coming to pick me up and — I don't remember anything after that. Except the fact I was sitting in their shiny blue BMW covered in candy floss - and then it's all a big blank. Wow, I don't remember anything.

The fact that I couldn't remember anything after that day troubled me. Fortunately, Maria had come back from school. She was changing when I told her about this.
"Hey M?" I asked.
"Yeah?" She replied.
"I wanted to talk to you about something." She turned towards me. I had her full attention.
"You remember the last time I was actually here?" I asked again.
She nodded stiffly.
"I can't remember anything that took place after I left your house that day..." I looked at her.
"Oh." She said softly. Her lips were turned down into a frown.
"I find it rather strange and-" I started, but I was cut-off mid-sentence.
"Hon, you know you're welcome here anytime, but I think it's time you go home and have a talk with your parents. And we've a lot of homework today so you should do that too. And it's probably nothing, you worry too much." I nodded. She was right, I was overreacting. I sighed and picked up my bag after I packed it. I gave my best friend a goodbye hug and made my way home.