Chapter 8

The world is cruel, in a human and inhuman way – I observed from the sidelines. Ignoring, bullying and all the other stuff people do to other people to make themselves feel superior or better, that's just sick. I've had enough of this. Actually I'm done with everything.

Why am I feeling like this? Because of the following reasons :-
1) My parents don't give a shit about me
2) My school doesn't even know I exist
3) "My bestest friend in the whole damn world" is acting strange—its like I don't even know her anymore.
Yes I went back home, to my dusty old room, who nobody even bothers to look into. Everything is so... undisturbed. It's like a shrine by me.

Maria is supposed to turn her paper in this week. I hope that's the end of all this weirdness, because I cannot take this anymore. My speakers are blaring with TØP. It's time to do some work.

I decided to search the house. No I don't have a search warrant. Hahahaha! Funny right? No? Whatever. Took out all the albums I could find. I'm pretty sure my house was caught in a dust storm. Photos, photos, photos. Birthdays, dates, wedding, childbirth yada yada yada. Well there you go, my parents stopped caring officially starting this year. No more pictures. I was staring at the last picture, of my parents and me all happy and radiant on Christmas when I heard my Mom's car engine. I rushed to the hall window and looked out. My mother parked her car in the driveway and got out. She looked exhausted, I could see it from here. Her shoulders were slumped, and her crisp suit was undeniably wrinkled. She looked at the house with an undescribable emotion.

She stood there for a few minutes, stroked our main door and took a walk around the garden. I took that time to clear any evidence of what I've been doing. She wouldn't mind of course but you never know. And I did feel naughty. When she finally did enter the house, I took it as my cue, and padded towards my room and hid under my covers - pretending to be asleep.

Alright, you're not gonna believe this. I was listening to my mother's footsteps, and it shocked me when she didn't go to her room, but turned towards my room! My hand unconsciously twirled around my chain and then my door opened with a creak. What now?