Chapter 2

Emily P.O.V

It has been a few months, and I'm still not pregnant. I don't know what's wrong. Is it me? Is it Sam. Of course it couldn't be Sam. This is all my fault. All these thoughts run through my head as I sit on the bathroom floor sobbing. A few negative pregnancy tests lay by me on the floor. A knock on the door startles me out of my thoughts.

"Emily, can I come in? Is everything ok?" I hear Sam's soft voice through the door. I slowly get up and open the door. I can't help but cry more when I see him. "Oh honey," he says as he takes me into his arms in a loving embrace. I soon feel him pick me up and carry me to our room.

"What's wrong with me" I sob out. "When I get pregnant I miscarry and then I can't get pregnant. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry you have a wife who can't do anything right. You deserve better" I say as I sob into his chest.

"Shh shh. Honey. You are the most amazing wife. If anything, don't deserve you. You are loving, and caring, and beautiful. You do everything for me and the pack. You are the most amazing person in the world and ee'll find a way to have kids. I promise you this." I hear Sam say as he holds me close. I slowly nod, trusting him.  We lay here for a while. Enjoying each others company and warmth.

After a bit Sam looks down at me, "how about we go to Doctor Cullen and get things figured out. Okay?" (I'm going with they are all cool with each other now. It'll be cool.) I slowly nod. I can't help but feel nervous,  or even a little bit scared, of what he'll say. Sam gets up and helps me up. We get ready and go to the hospital. I watch outside the window I notice the leaves are beginning to change to their beautiful colors.

We pull in the hospital and go to Carlisle's office. On the way there we run into Edward Cullen. I'm a bit curious as to why he is here. He gives us a warm smile and says "hello Sam, Emily."

"Hi Edward. Why are you here, and in a lab coat?" I ask as I start to notice the lab coat and stethoscope around his neck.

"Well, Carlisle has needed some help so I'm pitching in. I have my Doctors degree in medicine so I thought 'why not?'" He explains.

We nod and I smile. "Well that's good. I hope you have a good day."

He chuckles, "thanks. I'll be working in the E.R. so it's going to be a busy day." He says as we start to part ways.

We make our way the the waiting room. We check in and sit. I watch as a mother rocks her baby gently. The giggles fill the quietness of the room.  Sam holds my hand. He knows that I long for something like that. For a baby, a child to call ours. To raise and spoil them with love. I lean on Sam and before long we are called back.

A nurse takes my vitals and we discuss why I'm here. She says he'll be back soon. I can't help my nervousness of the situation. A soft knock on the door alerts that Dr. Cullen is here as he opens the door. "Hello Emily, Sam. How is everything today" he asks in his soft voice.

"OK, I guess" I chuckle a bit. He nods some knowing the situation I'm going through.

"I understand that you are having trouble conceiving and when you do it doesn't last long. I do apologize for that." His voice shows his sincerity.

"It's not your fault. It's ... it's mine." I can't help the wave of sadness that washes over me.

"It'll be ok. We'll do some tests and see what's going on. And if you and Sam are not able to have a child then I suggest maybe fostering or adopting. There are many children out there who need someone to love love them and care for them." I nod and smile softly. I look to Sam and he is nodding some. I can tell he's thinking all of this through.

I nod and say confidently "Let's get started."