Chapter 3

Third P.O.V

A few weeks ago Sam and Emily got the call that they will soon be fostering a six year old girl. After all the tests came back telling them that they couldn't conceive, they turned to fostering and maybe one day adopting. Emily had so much excitement and couldn't wait for the day they get to meet the little girl. Today was finally the day. The pack decided to let them have time alone and then later on would meet the new member of the family.

Sam chuckles as he enters the kitchen seeing that Emily has made cookies, and various other baked goods. "I can already tell you're going to spoil her."

Emily smiles and laughs softly. "Yes I am. And you're going to let me" Sam wraps his arms around her and kisses her softly.

After the kiss she smiles up at him as he says, "soon we'll have our little one and we'll have our own little family."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The crunching of tires on the road fills most of the silence in the car. A woman in business like attire is at the wheel while a little girl is in the back seat. Passer-bys would assume it's a mother and child, but sadly it's not.

The little girl in the back, Charlotte, had meet Lucy Cain a few months back. Charlotte had already been through three abusive foster homes in such a short amount of time. This has made the girl she'll up even more than she had before. Lucy could tell that something was wrong.

"I promise this home will be better than the last ones darling," Lucy says with a southern drawl. Charlotte doesn't reply. She just stares out the window. The trees are vibrant colors. We'll at least the ones that aren't evergreens. She sits up a little more in her car seat and notices something she didn't before.

"Wolf, wolf!" Charlotte says excitedly. Seeing 4 very large wolfs running through the thick brush.

Lucy smiles and says happily, "there's a lot of animals out here. Maybe your foster parents can help you find some. Safely that is." Charlotte smiles and sees that the wolves have disappeared. She pouts slightly  seeing the wolves have left, and looks up front to see that they have pulled up to a small house.

"Okay little one. Let's go meet Sam and Emily Uely" Lucy says as she gets out of the car. She goes and gets Charlotte out and hands her the small back pack. Charlotte pulls out a raggedy stuffed animal out of her backpack. They hold hands as they go up the porch. Lucy knocks on the door and a man and woman are there at the door.

"Hi I'm Lucy Cain. You must be Sam and Emily Uely."

"Yes ma'am. Please come in" Emily says as she opens the door. Charlotte can't help but hide behind Lucy as they go in. Everyone sits at the kitchen table. Charlotte sits on Lucy's lap and hides her face in the crook of Lucy's neck.

"This is Charlotte. She's a bit shy but she'll warm up soon," Lucy says softly while rubbing circles on the small girl's back. Sam and Emily nod a little understanding the situation. "Now I have the files here. Which will tell certain things about her. Like her allergies, medical history, past homes." While Lucy says this, Charlotte can't help but peek out a little bit. Studying the couple in a way. Emily notices this and smiles softly. Charlotte giggles slightly and hides again.

"Looks like she's a giggly one" Emily says while chuckling. Lucy nods while softly turning Charlotte so she is facing Emily and Sam.

"Hi little one," Sam says in a surprisingly soft voice. Charlotte smiles shyly and waves a little bit.

She then looks at Emily and sees the faded scar on her cheek. Charlotte can't help but pout and say "owie." Emily automatically knows what she is talking about.

"It's okay now baby" Emily says while holding her cheek some. Charlotte slowly gets up and goes to Emily. She hugs Emily which is very surpringly. After her shock, Emily hugs back and gently picks Charlotte up. Charlotte leans back onto Emily and cuddles close. Sam smiles at the girls knowing everything is going to work out.

"Well, I see everything is going to be okay. So I'll leave you alone to get settled in. I'll be checking in soon to make sure everything is okay. Call if you need anything at all. Bye Charlotte." Sam and Emily, who is still holding Charlotte, walk her to the door. They wave good bye after she goes.

After Sam shuts the door Emily looks down at Charlotte and says, "let's show you your new room little one."