Chapter Ten

"Why don't you have a seat, and I'll explain things to you," Titus purred, he stepped back and gestures towards the table behind him. It was surprisingly unoccupied. Either Titus had been dying alone, which seemed unlikely, or he'd been planning on her joining him. Malia took a closer look at the table. It was clearly set for more than one. Perhaps the man from before had been sent to retrieve her and the escape hadn't been necessary. But what would happen when he found out what she's done to get there?

Malia walked towards the table and sat. It was a rather elegant set up. The dark wood table was paired with a maroon runner. The dishes weren't skimpy either. Titus, whoever he was, must have serious money. No detail was spared, everything from the chairs to the walls even seemed to meld perfectly with the rest of the room.

"Alright, I'm sitting. Now explain" she said shortly, snapping back to attention. While the room was very well put together, she had bigger matters at hand. The jerk who thought it was ok to tear Malia away from her life was going to pay. She just had to figure out how first.

"My dear, it seems you don't remember anything. Do you?" He frowned, looking rather concerned. "Do you know who I am? Not the doctor I pretended to be, but the real me." Malia scowled, unable to hide her contempt for him.

"Of course you weren't a real doctor," She muttered, rolling her eyes. "Why were you even at the hospital?" Unlike the previous comment she directed this one to Titus. Her scowl had since morphed into a glare. He winced under her gaze, looking rather like a kicked puppy.

"I-" He faltered, " I had to be sure it was you." His earlier confidence was now gone, as if somehow he'd had a change of heart. In that moment it would have been easy to forget that this man had kidnapped her. "There is so much you don't understand." He murmured, refusing to meet her eyes. Malia frowned, just who was he and why did he seem to familiar?

"Wait here." Titus said, peering through the doorway. After several moments he slipped through the doors and into the next room. Resisting the urge to follow, Selene let out a sigh of relief. It was almost over, in a few moments she would be free. Although it hadn't been for very long, her kidnapping had been a rather stressful ordeal. Had it taken any longer and Selene wasn't sure what she would have done.

"Selene," Titus whispered, shaking her out of her thoughts. She blinked as he gestured for her to follow, before walking forwards. She pushed the doors open further and walked in. The second she was through the doors, she was surrounded. Selene cursed under her breath and turned to face Titus. Only to see him unguarded standing next a curly haired woman. Selene took a deep breath and schooled her face back into a calm mask. Titus had betrayed her, but she couldn't let it show.

Selene turned her gaze away from the woman and back to Titus, he winced under her gaze. Not missing this interaction, the woman's lip twitched as if she was tempted to smile. A moment passed in silence before the woman stepped forwards.

"You are Selene." She stated. Selene nodded, though she had to wonder the point of the woman's statement. It was very clearly not a question as she likely knew who she'd kidnapped. " I'm sure you are wondering why I brought you here. And do believe me when I say, that I mean you no harm," Selene resisted the urge to laugh. If she truly meant her no harm, then she wouldn't have been brought there in such a rough manner.

"Kalique, get to the point." Titus murmured, his eyes firmly fixed upon the ground. She turned her gaze towards him, questioning almost.

"Ah, do you actually like her?" She questioned, sounding shocked. "I only asked for you to get her to trust you. You didn't have to get attached." She frowned, " Well that complicates things." Selene's head spun, it was all a lie?