Comfort (Kiibo x Lonely! Tsundere!Reader)

No spoilers! Leave requests! The more detail you give the more likely I will be to write it ;)
---

I sat on my bed, my blankets wrapped around me like a protective shield. I stared at the ground below me, though my mind was somewhere else. But not just anywhere, of course. It lingered on the last trial, the horrifying sight of my closest friend Maki getting executed still fresh in my mind.

I had stayed like that for a few days, not eating, sleeping, or anything, really. I was too afraid to leave, too afraid to talk to anyone. What if they had the same intentions as her? I found it safer to just isolate myself, as I didn't want to be a victim to a brutal murder.

Suddenly, I heard a loud knock upon my door, startling me completely. I didn't move, instead staring blankly at the door as if it were to open on its own any minute.

"Leave..." I groaned, letting out a small sigh. After a few moments, the knocking persisted.

"Please...!" I scoffed, throwing myself onto my back. I stared at the ceiling, only to be hindered by yet another series of knocks at my door. At that point, I was fed up. I threw myself up, flinging the door open. "What the hell do you want?"

Suddenly, I realized that my reaction might have been completely unwarranted. Kiibo stood at my door, his eyes narrowed in horror. I sighed and leaned up against the frame, guilt filling my veins.

"Hey, I'm sorry," I sighed guiltily.

"(Y/n)... I was only coming to check on your wellbeing," he explained calmly. "The others were concerned."

"Well... I'm fine. I just want to be left alone, if you don't mind," I replied coldly. Just as I was about to slam the door, Kiibo stuck his arm out to stop it. I opened it up again, a louder sigh escaping my lips.

"What?" I growled, putting my hand on my hip.

"Can I come in?" The robot asked nervously. "It looks like you need someone to spend time with, and I don't think it would hurt to try to talk to me."

I stepped out of the doorway, allowing the robot entry. He inched in anxiously, sitting at the edge of the sofa in my room. I shut the door, plopping right back onto the bed and wrapping the covers around my body once again.

"What's troubling you?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm just... a little disturbed by the last execution, is all," I explained. "Maki and I were close, and knowing she was capable of such a thing- and seeing her die like that- was a bit too much for me to handle."

"I understand," kiibo nodded in agreement. "Seeing such a tragedy was quite disturbing, even for me."

"Glad I'm not alone," I added, the tiniest of smirks curling up onto my face. The robot stood up from the sofa, turning to the doorway.

"I suppose I'll leave you alone now," he stated bluntly.

Suddenly, I felt panic fill up my insides. "Wait! No! Can you stay here for a little bit, please?"

He turned to me, a shocked expression on his face. "Yes... though I am concerned about the outburst you just produced."

"Don't worry about it," I scoffed, patting the space at my bedside. "Just sit here with me, will ya? I hate being alone."

"As you wish," he smiled slightly as he gingerly sat down next to me. We both stayed like that, not uttering a single word to each other.

"What do you want to talk about?" The robot asked, in a desperate attempt to fix the awkward situation.

"I..." I shook my head. "I just want to... uh..." my face turned bright pink, and I bit my lip to prevent myself from spitting out what I wanted to say.

"What?" Kiibo asked, not a trace of annoyance in his voice.

"Can you... maybe, uh... just hug me for a little?" I pleaded. "I just... need to know everything is ok."

"Certainly, though I cannot guarantee the quality of my hug," he complied. I inched closer to him, and he wrapped his arms around my body gently. Even though he was a robot, his arms were surprisingly warm, and his hug was not as uncomfortable nor tight as I predicted.

We stayed like that for a while, the sound of our breaths the only thing breaking the deafening silence. After a bit, he pulled away from me. "Is that all that you need of me, (y/n)?"

"Not in the slightest," I insisted. "You're worth more than just hugs, you know. I'm sorry I just took advantage of you for selfish reasons."

"It is no problem," he brushed it off. "You are distressed, so it is my duty to make you feel better."

"You're doing a damn good job," I smiled happily. The robot suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist, gently pulling me into his lap. Though I was afraid of hurting him, or the opposite, neither was the case. My heart fluttered at the close proximity, his body acting as a protecting shield around me.

"You do not need to hide in your room like this," he murmured after a while. "The others are worried about you."

"I won't hide as much, from now on," I promised. "Though... I just want to spend time like this more often.

"Of course," he agreed. I gently took his hand in mine, our fingers interlocking. His hand felt incredibly warm, nearly identical to that of s human hand.

"Kiibo... can you protect me?" I asked nervously. "I've been scared... ever since Maki died... you know what, never mind. That was a dumb question."

"No," kiibo reassured me. "Don't apologize. It is my duty to assist you. And I will protect you, no matter what. You can guarantee it."