Hands Down (Rantarou Amami x Shy! Short! Fem!Reader)

Requested by kiwiisweird :) I know I write a lot of Rantarou but he is my fave and he gets requested a lot, up next I'm doing something different but still leave some requests!
——
"Rain again?"

(Y/n) cocked her head in confusion as she stared out the window, gaze transfixed on the dreary landscape outside. The girl let out a sigh, feeling a sinking feeling in her chest. It had been raining nonstop for a few days, every walk home leaving her sopping wet and traumatized from the threat of lightning.

Once school had ended, the girl promptly headed to her locker, pulling out her trusty (f/c) umbrella. There were many storms that the girl had taken on with it, forming an unstoppable duo with it.

"(Y/N)!" A voice cried, alerting the girl and causing her to yell, her umbrella clattering to the ground. She turned and saw Rantarou Amami, one of her fellow classmates, rushing towards her. What does he want? She asked herself, eyes widened in shock.

The boy usually didn't want anything to do with her, considering how the two of them were nearly opposites of each other. He was outgoing and friendly, while she was more subdued and shy. Not to mention their massive height difference- the boy loomed over her dauntingly whenever they were near each other. Which, granted, didn't happen frequently, as the two of them belonged to completely different social groups.

As the green eyed boy approached her, he seemed to lose track of his footing. Sure enough, the boy ended up taking a wrong step, his weight being forced onto poor (y/n)'s umbrella. The girl gasped as she heard the jarring snapping noise, covering her mouth with her hands.

"Huh?" Rantarou hummed, stopping dead in his tracks to look at the object under his feet. Sure enough, (y/n)'s umbrella had bent, rendering it completely useless. Once he realized this, he promptly began to bow at her. "I'm so sorry, (y/n). I didn't intend for this to happen at all!"

"I-it's ok!" The reserved girl insisted, waving her hands out in front of herself defensively. She was upset that it had been destroyed, but she figured it was time for a new upgrade anyhow. "Really, you don't need to apologize!"

The boy's expression stiffened as he shook his head and folded his arms. "Serves me right. This is definitely my fault. After all, I startled you, didn't I?"

"A-a little..." she admitted meekly, her cheeks turning the slightest shade of pink. "What did you want to t-talk to me about, anyhow?"

"Right!" The green haired boy nodded, placing his hands on his hips. "I was going to ask you what the English homework was!"

Really? (Y/n)'s heart sank, shaking her head. Why did she anticipate a guy like him talking to her about anything else? "W-we only have to read the next chapter of the book and write a summary of it."

"Ah, I see..." he trailed off, rubbing his chin with his ring-covered hand. The boy then made eye contact with her, which caused her to jump slightly. "Thank you, (y/n). I feel bad about breaking your umbrella... I'll buy you a new one, but would you like to borrow mine for now?"

"I-I couldn't possibly do that!" She replied, her voice shaky. The boy's expression stiffened, becoming more serious than before.

"Well, there's no way I'm letting a lady like you walk in weather like this all by yourself. I'm going to walk you home," he insisted. "And don't try to challenge me, it's the least I can do for you."

The girl nodded compliantly, watching the boy open his large green umbrella. He then gestured for her to come stand under it, the two of them beginning to walk together under it.

During the walk home, (y/n) and Rantarou engaged in lighthearted conversation, the two of them learning more than each other than they had known before. Which, granted, any detail was new information, considering the two hadn't ever spoken directly before.

"A-Amami-kun," the girl stuttered, causing the boy to look at her confusedly. He had been holding the umbrella up too high for a little while, causing the girl to become covered in rain water.

"My bad," he chuckled as he lowered it, quickly putting an arm on her shoulder and pulling her closer to him. Though the contact was brief, and simply done to make sure the girl didn't become soaked, her heart began to race at the small gesture. Another short while passed before they ended up at (y/n)'s House.

"This is my house," she stated meekly, turning to look at him with wide eyes. She bowed a few times, her cheeks growing hot. "Thank you for walking me home... you really didn't have to do that, you know..."

"Nonsense," The boy laughed, ruffling her hair a little bit. He placed a hand on his hip, cocking his head. "It was the least I could do after all of the trouble I put you through. I'll make it up to you still, I promise. Now, go inside before you get even wetter!"

The girl's mouth fell agape, unable to formulate a response to his words. It took most of her courage to force a nod to him, scurrying to the solace of her house. Her heart raced, the girl clutching onto her chest. Calm down, she told herself. There's no way a player like him has good intentions with you. He just is trying to be courteous.

Or was he?

The next morning, the rain was pouring even harder than before. (Y/n) let out a shaky sigh as she looked outside, unsure of how she was going to trek to school in such weather.

However, when she stepped out there, she saw a familiar face waiting for her. Rantarou was standing there under his green umbrella, holding a smaller umbrella in the same hue in his free hand.

"What are you doing here?" The girl asked, rushing towards him. He handed her the umbrella, a small smile on his lips.

"I told you I'd make it up to you!" He chuckled, placing a hand on his hip. "It's smaller, so now you won't have to worry about me accidentally getting you all wet. I'll walk with you to school as long as I can to make sure that doesn't happen again. So, you ready to go?"

The girl nodded, opening her umbrella. She took a few steps in the direction towards school, but then hesitated. She was so overcome by his thoughtfulness to where she turned back, standing up on the tips of her toes to quickly plant a kiss on his jaw.

The green eyed boy was caught off guard, blinking a few times as his heart raced. "That was... unexpected," he laughed nervously, though he couldn't deny that his heart skipped a beat at the small gesture.

The girl covered her hands with her mouth, seemingly regretting the impulsive decision. Rantarou noticed her embarrassment, trying to find a way to diffuse it. He planted a kiss on her forehead, hoping it would fix the problem. however, the plan backfired, turning (y/n) into an even redder, blushing mess.

"Let's just go," she whimpered, beginning to set off down the sidewalk. The boy laughed, following behind her.

"Yes, let's."