Pity Party (Shinguuji Korekiyo x Fem! Shy! Reader)

I wanted to write another Amami one but people roast me when I write too much of one person! No spoilers!
----

I sat on the edge of the couch, my hands nervously fidgeting in my lap. Around me stood a bunch of teenagers- some my classmates, some complete strangers. The only distinction between all of them and myself was their sobriety. I had politely refused every drink thrown my way, but it appeared that I was the only sober person left in the living room. And things were staring to spiral out of control.

"Hey, good looking~" a familiar voice purred, sending chills up my spine. I turned and saw Kaito springing himself onto the space next to me, some of the drink in his hand sloshing onto the fabric. I made a discontent frown at his mess, deciding it would be best to go clean it up so it wouldn't leave a stain. I headed into the kitchen, which was slightly less packed than the previous room. Grabbing a cloth to clean the stain, I swiveled around to realize that Kaito had followed me into the kitchen.

"You like my party?" He asked, slurring his words slightly. "I feel, like, I'm on the moon, baby! You wanna come with me?"

As he asked the question, he shoved the plastic cup towards my face. I caught a whiff of the beverage, the scent making my stomach churn. "No... Kaito, please..."

I headed back towards the couch, though the scene before me caused the cloth to slip from my fingers.  Kaede and Amami were definitely making out on the spot on the couch. I clenched my fist in silent anger, retrieving the cloth from the ground. By the time I weaved through all of the partygoers to seek refuge on Kaito's back porch, I was fairly annoyed.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, scrolling through my contact list to determine if there was anyone who could save me from the madness. My finger absentmindedly stopped over Korekiyo's name, my eyes blankly fixated on it. As if I was operating robotically, I pressed the "call" button, holding the phone up against my ear.

Only a few short rings passed before I was met with a strange silence on the other end of the receiver. Sure enough, the familiar, low voice I knew from school followed. "(Y/n)... why must you call me at this hour? Do you realize it is past midnight now?"

"Korekiyo.." I murmured softly, wrapping my arm around myself for warmth. "I'm at this party, and I'm the only sober one here... I n-need you to come get me... I'm sorry."

"No, you do not need to apologize," he reassured me calmly. "I'll be on my way now, just send me the address. Though, I am not sure why you would rely on me in such a situation..."

"Thank you," I sighed softly. "I don't think you are a bad guy... I feel as if I can trust you."

Silence. Then a chuckle. "Kukuku... yes, you can. I'll be there shortly. Goodbye."

I quickly sent him the address before putting the phone back into my pocket, staring up at the starry night sky. Suddenly, I heard shouting coming from inside of the house. I stumbled through the door, making a beeline for the living room.

"You shit!" A gruff male voice yelled, followed by the breaking of a glass. It was hard to tell exactly what was going on, as all of the people in the room had swarmed around the arguers. "You think your creepy looking ass can just crash my party like this?! Go fuck a corpse or something!"

"I've merely come to get (y/n)," the other person responded calmly. I weaved my way through everyone until I was able to make out what was going on. Kaito and Korekiyo stood facing each other, broken glass at Korekiyo's feet. He seemed to be dripping with different beverages, as if the partygoers had been pouring them on him.

"As if that fine piece of ass would want anything to do with you!" Kaito yelled, crumbling the plastic cup in his hand. "You're probably gonna creep her out anyways!"

"You bastard..." Korekiyo murmured lowly, his yellow eyes suddenly meeting mine. In that instant, I watched as Kaito balled his open hand into a fist, smacking Korekiyo square in the jaw. The Cultural Anthropologist stumbled away, landing on the ground. I quickly rushed to his aid, ignoring the cheering and praise of the other party goers.

"Korekiyo!" I yelled meekly, rubbing the bruised area with my hand. "I'm so sorry... t-this is all my fault."

He opened his eyes slowly, grabbing my wrist with his bandaged hand. "Don't apologize. Let's get out of here."

I let the boy use my shoulder as a crutch while we both stumbled out of Kaito's house, eventually ending up in the safety of Korekiyo's car. I let out a sad sigh as the image of him taking the blow played through my head, tears slowly forming in the corners of my eyes.

"Korekiyo... I'm so sorry..." I choked, the salty beads stinging my cheeks. The boy merely shook his head, pulling the car away from the house.

"You don't need to apologize to me," he assured me calmly. "I would have done it again, no questions asked. Though, I cannot help but wonder what such an introverted girl as yourself was doing there in the first place."

"You wonder why I was at the party?" I asked, the boy nodded wordlessly. "Truth is, I don't know. It was such a horrible choice... everyone was drunk. God, I'm so sorry."

"Don't apologize to me," he stated bluntly. "Knowing I could help a classmate in need is enough."

"You're the greatest," I hiccuped softly. "Thank you so, so much."

Korekiyo's eyes were focused on the road, though I could make out the faintest blush behind his mask. After a short while, he croaked out a small response.

"Anything for you, (y/n)."