Alexander x Reader- Stay Alive

"Alexander please, you can't do this!" You begged the man, hot tears were running down and staining your pained expression. He cupped your cheek and looked in your eyes, tears starting to brim in his eyes as well. " I won't die on you, I could never do that but I need to do this. I am a man of honor and I'm aware that Burr is too, he won't take my life, he's a good man." You looked down, all you could do now was wait. That night you couldn't sleep. He wasn't by your side, he was in that office of his. He always spent so much time in there writing like he was running out of time, was he running out of time. The thought caused you to shoot up from your bed. You grabbed a match and lit it, lighting your bedside candle. You walked down to his dimly lit office to find him there, sure enough, writing. "Alexander please come back to bed." He didn't respond to you, "Alexander... please come sleep. If you are to risk your life tomorrow with a chance of you not coming back I want your last night to be with me, your wife." You begged him. "The duel is at dawn, I can't sleep now I have to write... important things." You couldn't help but laugh at his attempt to explain to you what he was writing. He finally turned to you, his hair once again up into a ponytail, bags under his eyes and disheveled clothes. You walked up to him and placed your candle on his desk, grabbing his hands and raising him to his feet. You opened your arms for him to hug you and he collapsed, exhaustedly into your arms. It was nice until you looked down at what he was writing,

This letter, my very dear (Y/n), will not be delivered to you, unless I shall first have terminated my earthly career; to begin, as I humbly hope from redeeming grace and divine mercy, a happy immortality.

   You began to cry into his shoulder, him tensing up and holding you tightly. He ran his hand up and down your back in an attempt to calm you down. He pulled away from you and looked at your tear stained face. He placed his hand under your chin and forced you to look up at him. "I'll stay alive for you my love." He said, leaning down and kissing you. You held the sides of his face, kissing him so intensely. Little had you known this would be one of the last kisses. He carried you back to bed, knowing that this would most likely be the last time he saw his wife, he took advantage of the moment and in the moment things got heated.

(I'm not gonna make this part because this story is sad you're not supposed to be turned on ask me if you'd like this part though and I'll be happy to oblige 👈🏻😎👈🏻)

   You woke up to the feeling of him moving quickly out of bed, you opened your eyes just enough and saw him get dressed. He left in a rush and came back with the key to his safe in which he kept things he hoped he would never have to use. One of those things being a pistol. You saw him grab the pistol and run out the door. Your eyes were open fully now as you got dressed and ran after him. There was no one else on the streets at this time of night except for Alexander and you, trailing behind. He made it to the battlegrounds, his second meeting him there soon after. You hid behind a group of trees not too far as you watched Burr arrive in a carriage. He opened the door and him and his second arrived, facing Hamilton. A doctor who you assumed had been paid in advance arrived not too long after. You drew closer carefully and hid behind Burr's carriage. You watched as the two men loaded their pistols, the doctor turning away from the two men. The seconds we're sent in and after a moment of talking they walked back to Burr and Hamilton. They hadn't negotiated a peace so the duel was still happening. You bit your lip, knowing that Alexander would aim for the sky. You looked at Burr, seething with rage, he had a mixture of emotions emitting from him, the main ones being rage and fear. Alexander looked so worn, old, like he was ready for this moment his whole life. His death. You then heard, "One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine-" You watched Alexander aim for the sky and Burr aim for Alexander. It was like time froze at the Bullet nearly hit Alexander, "NO!" You shrieked and ran towards him, as you reached him time caught up with you and you felt the bullet strike you in between the ribs. A pulse suddenly hit everyone including you as you fell to the ground in pain. You singlehandedly changed the future. Burr dropped his gun, as did Alexander as he collapsed to your side. Tears were pouring from his eyes, "Jesus no! Why?! Why would you do that?! Please I can't let you die!" Alexander was doing everything to stop the bleeding, the doctor turned around and ran to your side. Alexander helped the doctor load you onto the carriage. You opened your eyes and looked up, Alexander sitting over you as the doctor rushed to the infirmary. He held your hand, speckling kisses all over you. You laughed at him, stopping at the sudden surge of pain from your chest. "Please lord let her be ok. It should have been me..." He cried. You pulled your hand from his and cupped his cheek, wiping the tears away from his face. "I'm Helpless without you." He said. "Alexander, you're a wonderful man. I wish we could have had more time together but I'm not the important part of your legacy. If you stay here you can still help the world. A woman like me can't do much for you or your legacy." You told him, feeling the life slowly draining out of you. The carriage jolted to a stop and you blacked out. You opened up your eyes in the infirmary bed. Alexander was crying over you praying to god you would be ok. "Not like this..." he kept saying to himself. You felt yourself slipping to the other side. You saw your son, your parents, your friends. Everyone who had left. You weakly grabbed Alexander's hand and he jolted up to look at you. Your face was pale from the blood loss and most of the life was already leaving you. "Alexander... stick around here.. make things better. Me and Philip will be waiting on the other side. Don't forget me but don't let me be your downfall either." He nodded and leaned into you, kissing your for the last time. He didn't want this, he wanted to pull away and see your face healthy and radiant like when he first kissed you, when you were married, when you had Philip, but he felt your ice cold lips stop and as he pulled away you were gone. He thought you looked so peaceful and smiled despite feeling immense pain and a huge absence from his life. Why hadn't things been different, why hadn't he died? He knew his time was up but somehow it wasn't. He wished you would come back, he wished he never would have cheated, that he would've spent more time with you, that he hadn't been so focused on his legacy that you weren't in it. He stayed alive for you but you hadn't for him.