8

ASHTON.

It's been four months since she left. I don't know when I'll see her again, but her dad wouldn't allow me to get near her anyway. I'm back to being my old self. I've been in a physical fight twice this month, but nothing too serious that I was put back to jail again. Usually just misunderstandings and lack of patience. I'm a wreck without Skye.

My dad made me go to a psychiatrist because he thought that I was losing it. He said I needed someone to vent out to, since Calum couldn't help me anymore. I told the psychiatrist about Skye, about how I felt, about why I didn't run back to her when I had the chance.

"She's the type of person you'd want to spend the rest of your life with. And not running back to her was the worst decision I've ever made. I regret so many things. I regret not telling her some things I should have said, I was too scared."

"Time will allow you to heal, Ashton. Distract yourself from the pain, go out with your friends, spend time with family, read a book, or maybe start a new hobby. It's never too late to start again."

That was what I did. But I did it in the worst way possible. I didn't get into fights anymore, but I was still as reckless. I got drunk every night and had sex with other girls, most of the time with just Macy. I started kick boxing just to let my anger out because punching a punching bag would be better than punching other people. I needed to get Skye off my mind, but no matter what I do, I still think about her. What she's doing right now, how hard her subjects are at her new college, is she dating someone new, does she still think about me?

SKYE.

The first person I think about when I wake up and the last one at night before I go to bed. ASHTON IRWIN. He hasn't left my mind since the day I left for college.

School has been great so far, not gonna lie. I've managed to make a few friends, the professors aren't that bad and my room mate is really nice.

"This lipstick shade is perfect for my outfit tonight. Hey are you okay?" My room mate, Jasmine asks as she notices my glum face.

"Just a little homesick, that's all." Ashton was my home, and I miss him so much.

"Are you still going to the party tonight? I've heard a lot of hot seniors will be there." Jasmine raises her eyebrows up and down and I smile at her enthusiasm. I didn't want her to think that I was killjoy so I still went with her to the party. I wasn't planning on drinking tonight so I'm just going to be Jasmine's babysitter when she gets too drunk.

\\

Jasmine wasn't lying when she said that a lot of seniors would be here. Almost half of the crowd were seniors, the rest were in my year.

"Skye, this is Harry. Harry meet my gorgeous room mate Skye." Jasmine went all matchmaker on us when she thought this guy was checking me out. He was cute, though. Dark, curly locks and tattoos, typical frat boy based on his physical appearance, but still cute.

"So what's your major?" Harry asks, offering me a drink, which I refused.

"I'm in pre-dentistry. How about you? Are you a senior?" I ask back.

"I'm two years ahead of you, actually. We're in the same course. Jasmine lives in the same city where I grew up, so that's why we know each other, by the way. Just thought you should know." His honesty was cute as well.

"If you don't mind me asking, why all the tattoos?" Curiosity killed the cat, but I didn't hesitate on asking because he seemed like a nice guy.

"If you think that I'm in a frat, I'm not. I think of tattoos as a way to express myself. It's an art form."

"Wow, deep." I joke and he flashes a big smile at me. Perfect set of teeth right there.

"Would you maybe want to have lunch with me tomorrow?" I wasn't so sure if I was ready to date other people, but this is just a harmless date anyway.

"Sure, you can pick me up at 12."

A/N: Short chapters because this is a short story!! Thank you for 100 reads! I know it's not a lot but I'm still thankful :) x