Chapter 4

Hey everyone I'm back again and with another chapter!This one I promise is the longest so far. I'm striving for a thousand words and I'm hoping to achieve that goal in this chapter.All rights reserved to Kiera Cass. I don't own any of these characters. I just finished reading divergent and I loved it tho it's not as good as the Selection,I am going to incorporate some divergent stuff in my story cause why not and I'll see how that goes. 😊 😊
-------------------------------------
America's POV
----------------------
I woke up to loud knocking on my door and wondered where were my maids to deal with the rude person. I walked over to the door ready to tell whoever was on the other side off but as soon as the door opened I was immediately wrapped in a soft hug. It was Celeste.I hugged her back.

"Merry Christmas"

"Merry Christmas"

She then let go of the hug and walked into my room and went straight for my wardrobe.

Five seconds later she walks out with a strikingly(is this even a word😂😂) red formal dress which looked amazing with my fierce red hair.

She then brought out a pair of diamond encrusted heels which sparkled in the light of the sun.I was shocked."Celeste these are amazing, did my maids make these?"

"Probably, doesn't look like I'm the one glueing diamonds onto heels, prior to that creating the actual pair itself."

We laughed.And laughed and laughed and laughed."Jeesh when did you become a smart ass?"

"A second ago when I ruined your tiny butt!"

I mock a look of shock and put a hand on my butt, gasped and said "that is the understatement of the year."

We started laughing again.I don't remember having this much fun in abnegation, but then again we did wear grey slacks. Celeste is an Erudite born but transferred to Dauntless not long before she was placed into The Selection.

She then told me to hurry up. I was ready so I grabbed my gift bags and left the room.

Celeste had gift bags as well.Only two small ones though.They were white with beautiful decorations on them,mainly consisting of flowers and love hearts,if this was made by Celeste I'd say she's an amazing artist. I'm gonna have to ask her about that later.

When we finally at the great ball room a waft smell of something delicious waved into my nose.I walked over to the food table with Celeste tailing me until we were stopped by Maxon.

"Hello ladies,feel free to attack the buffet table,any gifts place them under the grand christmas tree and in a couple of minutes we will all get together for gift giving under the tree.Merry Christmas"

Well that was fast and very posh,I swear I'd probably piss myself laughing.

We decided to go place our gifts under the Christmas Tree first and then we'll go pig out at the buffet table.

Once Maxon was out of earshot we started giggling, then Celeste said "We shouldn't really be laughing, his father was right behind us, that's why he was acting so mannered." "Oh well, we know that's not the real Maxon and that's what matters." I told her.

After 10 minutes of talking with Celeste and earning dirty glares from Kriss, which I still don't know why, but it looks as if she's been crying, Maxon announces that we will be having the gift giving ceremony, where everyone sits around the tree and opens their gifts. The first to open their gifts is King Clarkson, he didn't get much, then Queen Amberly, then Maxon. Maxon picked up his first gift and spoke "Oh how lovely, this gift is from America" he picked up the box and opened it "This watch is amazing America, I love it, I've always wanted a watch like this, how could you I have possibly known". "I didn't know, I just saw it in the store and thought of how you might like it." I said, not long after that he put it on his wrist. He opened a gift from his father, which was cufflinks and a gift from his mother, which was a brand new suit which he adored.

After Kriss and Elise received their gifts, which only came from Maxon, it was finally Celeste's turn and then it would be mine. Celeste opened my gifts first which consisted of a large garment bag, a shoe box and a small necklace box. She opened them all and squealed with delight, then ran to the door and out of the room to come back 10 minutes later, wearing everything with a matching hairdo and makeup. She looked absolutely stunning. She thanked me with a tight hug then sat back down. She opened her gift from Maxon, from which was the same as the other girls but in a different colour. They were bracelets, Kriss's one is pink, Elise's one is green and Celeste's one is red. Next it was my turn, I decided to open Maxon's gift first. It was in a neatly wrapped box, I opened the box to see what was inside and discovered that he had bought me a beautiful golden love heart locket necklace that had engraved on the back of it 'Be my dear' along with a golden key bracelet which looked amazing, I truly loved them and compared to the gifts the other girls received from him theirs look like trash. If everyone eyes weren't pointed at me I would've mouthed 'I love you' to Maxon. I looked in the box and saw a card, I secretly opened it and what I read melted my heart

Dearest America,

Once the gift giving ceremony is over meet me in your room I haven't finished giving gifts to you,

Merry Christmas my dear and a Happy New Year! May you get spoilt rotten for yours truly ;) (in case you didn't know yours truly is me)

From Maxon

P.S:Don't think about trying to scold me for calling you my dear because that's already been sorted.

I moved on to the next gift which was from Celeste. What she had gotten me though had caught me by surprise. When I opened the box I was met with a golden half heart charm on a gold bracelet. Engraved in the heart in white gold was the word best I grabbed it out of the box and saw Celeste holding the other half of the heart with the word friends on it.I hugged her and thanked her and told her how much I loved it."Can you put it on for me please?"I asked."Only if you'll do the same for me.""Deal."So she put on mine under the bracelet from Maxon and I put on hers on her right wrist.Now I was fully accessorised but as long as they went with my outfit then that's all that matters.

The gift giving ceremony was finally over and I saw Maxon race to the door.I took a shortcut which I had learned about during my stay at the palace.I walked into my room and waited for him.Within 2 minutes time Maxon had come to my room and was knocking on the door.I opened the door for him and noticed his hands were behind his back.I face palmed"Maxon, why must you give me more gifts than the others.Im not any much important than they are.""That is nonsense darling, you're too perfect for your own good."I took his words to heart.He held out a small frame with a beautiful house in it.

"Oh Maxon its lovely, did you paint it yourself?""Umm...No I took the picture myself though.But the picture isn't the gift, the house is."I tried to let that sink in."Wait what?""Well I thought you would like to have your family nearby.It's a short drive away, and if your sister would like,theres room for her little family too""wha...........I......"I stared at him looking for some sort of clarification.Patient as always,Maxon gave me the explanation he'd thought I understood."You told me that if I could prove to you that I loved you then....."

"Its...... me?"

"I couldn't have picked anyone better"

I was speechless.I laughed in shock and started giving him kisses and giggling between each one. Maxon, so content with the affection, took every kiss and laughed along with me.

"We're getting married?"I whisper shouted,kissing him again

"Yes, we're getting married"He chuckled and let me attack him in excitement.

The rest of the night was spent laughing and talking, but mostly kissing."How 'bout we make it official tomorrow?""I guess, since I have nothing better to do."We started laughing and talking again until the dead of night when we decided to call it a day.I didn't want him to go but if anyone walked in on us and saw us together, rumours will start spreading 'round like wild fire, eventually reaching the queen or even worse the king,saying we slept together,breaking one of Illea's many laws.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did it you guys!!!!I finally did a chapter with over 1000 words. WOOOOOOOO. Once again loving the support.Thank you Maxerica369 for reviewing, voting and reminding me to update :)  Enjoy!!!