~Chapter 7~

(Picture is Esme)

Walking to the car, I played around with Esme's hand giggling about going for food soon. I was so happy to spend the day with her and it filled me with great joy. When we got back to the car she opened the door for me. I sat down and bucked my seat belt and she put the stuffed crayon on my lap.

   Looking around the car, I found my phone sitting on the floor, reaching foreword I noticed texts and a bunch of notifications. Looking through everything I realized I forgot about my job interview that I had. Smacking myself on the forehead I sighed loudly.

  "What's wrong dollface?" Esme asked.

  "I forgot about the job interview, it was at 12. It completely slipped my mind, now I'm never going to get that job." I said sadly.

  "Don't say that hunny, I'm sure you can always look else where for the same line of work." Esme reassured me. "What was it that you were after?"

  "I had a interview at a mechanic shop, I went to a votec school in highschool for automotive and I wanted to go for a job there. I had been working at a library but I thought I would use my skills for something useful and beneficial." I told her.

  "That's interesting, I had no clue that you were interested in fixing cars, I mean I know you had a pretty nice car but I didn't think that you had any interest. You are quite surprising Audrey." I smiled at her, but deep down inside I was still frowning at that fact I missed a good opportunity. "Darling don't look so sad, there are plenty of opportunities. You are talking to one of the most oldest and influential people around. I will help you find one."
"Awh really?" I asked her, I turned to look her in the eyes.
"Yes Audrey, I may be able to even convince them to interview you on the spot if you want the job so badly. I'm unsure why you need one tho because you have me and I'm able to provide everything you may ever need in life."

"Look I don't want you to pay for things for me, I was raised in taking care of myself and fending for myself. Old habits die hard and I'm so used to looking after myself, I really need this job to prove to you and everyone else I'm not what they think I am." I cryptically told her not giving much more details.

"What are you not telling me? I feel like you are leaving something important out that I should know." She quizzed me.

"It really doesn't much matter right now, don't we have a place to be?" I asked her, Esme did not seem to like that answer and she reached over the center console and unbuckled my seatbelt. She then grabbed my arms and hoisted me over to her, setting me on her lap.

"Look I understand if there are things you aren't ready to talk about yet, but that isn't a way to speak to me and I will not take that okay? Not happening." She looked at me sternly and I felt my cheeks heat up me I looked down.

"I'm sorry, Esme." I said sadly, "I didn't mean to be rude to you and not very nice." She nodded her head and kissed my forehead.

"It's fine, just don't let it happened again okay? I don't want you turning into a brat."

"I won't!" I vowed squishing my crayon tightly and burying my face into her neck.

"Good girl, now get back and in your seat so we can go get you some food and then we will go talk to the people at the Auto shop. How does that sound?" She asked.

"Sounds great." I climbed out of her lap, and scooted back over the center console into my seat, clicking my belt into place I sat and waited. Esme started the car and we were on our way to eat.

A little down the ways, I reached for the radio and turned it on. I set it on the station 97.9x and we listened to alternative music all the way back to Scranton. Once we got off the highway and to the streets we looked around for a place to eat at. "Hunny where do you want to eat at?"

I tapped my chin and made noises thinking, "I want to go to Wendy's!" I shouted seeing the sign light up. I started pointing at it and making sure she heard me.

"Calm down we shall go to Wendy's and you can get food." She laughed at my enthusiastic behavior. Once we pulled into the parking lot, I pushed the button to unhook the seat belt as quickly as I could. "Wait, keep your crayon in the car okay? We don't want to get him messy now do we?" She asked

"Nuu.." I trailed off, I got out of the car and stuck my crayon back into the seat kissing its forehead. We walked into the fast food place with me holding onto Esme's hand and being hyper.