Sorry

Chapter 5

I opened my eyes. I got the sun in my eyes. I carefully got up - the sofa wasn't the best place to sleep in. 

A buzz went through my stomach when I saw Ali in front of me he was sitting on the coffee table with his head down in the carpet. I got up the sofa. I was about to go in the bathroom until he took my hand and sat me down on the sofa again. I tried to get my hand out of his. But he won’t let me get it out. Listen Aisha "I'm really sorry about yesterday night I shouldn't have yelled at you like that". 

No I'm sorry I shouldn't have read your book I said looking in his eyes. 

I really love you. Let me tell you the story behind your coma he said. 

It all began with me (Ali). I saw you at the shopping mall and I suddenly fell in love with you. Since my mom was with me I asked if she knew you and she immediately told me that I shouldn’t look at you because you were too young for me. She also told me where you lived and after that day I walked through your house every day after work but never had the mind to ever ask for your hand in marriage. But one day I asked my dad to ask you dad if he could accept our marriage but little did my dad know that you were only 17. He asked your dad and you dad said yes. 

Wait…why did my dad say yes? I asked confused.

I don’t exactly know but my mom told me that your father said yes because he was dying of cancer and he wanted you to be happy with a successful man. 

My dad had cancer? I asked tearing up. 

You came in coma because you ran out of the ceremony and fell and 5 days after your dad died, Ali said crying. The last thing I could do was project you and your family but your mom never forgave me for marrying you. She thought I was some kind of bad luck since you fell and was laying in coma and your dad died 5 days after. So she moved away with your 2 brothers and your sister. I was heartbroken when you ran away and fell I felt like I was the reason to everything. I was the reason you were in coma. I was the reason you dad died. I was the reason you family moved away. I knew I only had you back to protect so I did my best to be in touch with the hospital and get you home safe and sound. 

I was literally shocked I didn't know what to say and was just staring at Ali. Why did my mom not come to visit me in the hospital?  

Your mom hated you for even signing the nikkah papers (engagement papers) and she said "let her go and be with him" you dad was really strict and wanted you to marry me. She was pretty much angry at everyone. So she decided to let you be in my hands. Ali said bursting out tears. 

I can’t believe I had such a bad family and to be honest I was happy that someone took care of me and that was Ali. I love you I said bursting out tears. 

I love you too Aisha he said and hugged me. And I’m sorry.

You shouldn’t be, I said smiling and wiped my tears.