seven

save me a dance

The three girls were walking near the bleachers as the football team was practicing. Reggie noticed Alexa in a matter of seconds, as her dark hair was pushed back and she wore her uniform. But with his dedication to football he didn't try to wander off and talk to her. The girls were in a deep conversation, arms linked together and staring off into the football field. That's when Veronica's eyes landed on Archie.

"Archie!" Veronica called him over.

Alexa and Veronica both looked at each other, knowing what exactly they wanted Betty to do. The red-headed boy began to jog his way to the three.

"You're so doing this Betty." Alexa smiled, encouraging her best friend.

"What?" Betty responded confused and freaking out as Archie Andrews began walking towards the new cheerleaders.

"Slaying your dragons, Betty Cooper, one by one."

Archie was now standing front and center in front of the girls. Betty's heart racing as she had an idea of what Veronica and Alexa wanted her to do; ask Archie to the dance.

"Hi teen outlander." Veronica greeted.

"Hey." He replied with a gasping breath. "Nice outfits." Archie looked at all of them with a smile.

He was surprised all three of the girls were cheerleaders. Archie's eyes lingered on Alexa a little longer, she always stood out to him. You could see them from a mile away and know exactly who those three girls were. Alexa was smiling brightly to Betty, and two boys were secretly admiring her beauty.

"Betty here has something she wants to ask you about the Back-to-school dance." Veronica breaks the ice, and breaks the stare that Archie had on Alexa.

"Go on Betty, ask." Alexa once again encouraged. Archie raises his eyebrows. All eyes were on Betty Cooper, waiting to ask the ultimate question.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with the three of us." Betty nervously asked.

Surprised and confused Alexa and Veronica looked at each other again.

"Woah wait no. I don't need a date." Alexa interfered.

Alexa wanted Betty to go alone with Archie, Betty has liked him for forever. She truly believed they were end game. And Alexa and Veronica going with them will only ruin Betty and Archie's chances.

Archie also shocked by the girls suggestion, his hope lowered when Alexa did not agree to join. It was at that moment when his chances of being with Alexa lessened more and more. The call from another boy, who had his eyes on Alexa too, did not like that Archie was always with her and called her out.

"Alexa Marie Waters!"

The four teens turned their heads, seeing the tall Reggie Mantle making his way towards the group. Betty smiled, and nudged Alexa. Veronica not knowing who the boy was didn't focus on him, but more on the question Betty had just asked.

Reggie again felt challenged by Archie Andrews. Leaving his practice to go have a conversation with a girl is not captain material, Reggie wanted to make a good impression on the coach. But he got more eager to talk to Alexa when he saw Archie walk up to them.