Anyone but You

London's P.O.V.

Just as I was getting done eating my baked potato and salad for dinner, I received a phone call. I grabbed my phone out of my purse and looked at the caller ID; it was work, unfortunately. I knew I needed the money, but I was DEAD TIRED. I so regretted answering the phone

Me: Yes Jason...

Jason: London, I'm so sorry to bother you, but I really need you to come in; A cashier called in sick and you're the only one I know that'll come in right away.

Me: It's alright, Jason! I'm on my way as we speak.

Jason: You're a life saver, London! I'll see you when you get here.

And with that he hung up. I was tired, sleepy, and thanks to my dinner, I was full as hell. The only upside to this is that I wouldn't have to waste any money eating at work. I grabbed my coat out the closet and my purse. I made sure to lock my door and walked onto the elevator which is right I front of my apartment. I get off on the first floor and walk into the cold Michigan air.

As I'm waking the path to work I see a nice navy blue Maserati parked in the front of my building. The windows were tinted so I couldn't see who was in the car. As I walked past it, they cranked up their car and drove past me. Something gave me a bad feeling about that car; like the ppl in the car knew me and I knew them.

I finally made it to work and I saw that same car going through the drive thru. I walked right past it and into the restaurant. I walked behind the counter and to the back to put my stuff away. I put on my work hat and clock in. I walked by a coworker, Destiny.

Destiny: Didn't you just leave here, girl?

Me: Yea, but Jason said someone called in sick and he need someone to work the front end.

Destiny: Oh ok girl! Well good luck, it's time for me to go home.

I envied her so much! I wanted to be in my worn out apartment and watching my small ass TV, and fall asleep on my old couch, but NAWL, I had to be in McDonald's with these rude ass old ppl and perverted little boys.

Luckily for me, no one was coming inside the restaurant and everyone was coming through the drive thru so all I had to do was help the other two drive thru workers, Carl and Aniyah, with orders. As I was making fries, I heard the door ding signaling somebody was coming in.

I went to the cash register and greeted the customer.

Me: Welcome to McDonald's! How can I----

As I looked up, I began to wish I never did. It was him. The dude that I was in love with, the dude I still dreamed about EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, the dude that eyes showed anger, hurt, love, and lust all at once, the dude that--- HOLD UP!!! THIS IS THE NIGGA THAT RUINED MY LIFE, THAT GOT MY PARENTS ADDICTED TO WEED, COCAINE, AND ALL TYPES OF OTHER SHIT!!!

I became SO DAMN ANGRY! Before I could catch myself I slapped the hell outta him from behind the counter. As he held the side of his face, I left him standing there. I told Carl to take his order because at this point I can't even stand to look at him. I guess the saying is true; you never know if you're truly over someone until you see them again.

Chad's P.O.V

I saw her. My wife; I saw her. She walked right in front the car. She looked like the same girl that I fell in love with. She kept everything in tact for me; face was still beautiful, eyes still sparkle in the sunlight, and ASS LOOKED LIKE IT GREW SOME! I wanted to hop out the car and grab her and just wrap myself around her.

Donnell: I see why you head over hills for shawty! Babygirl BAD!

Me: Ayyye! You my nigga in all, but if you ever look at my wife like that again, I'll----