The Old Friend

Percy POV

I came home today to find my mom a little on edge. She couldn't sit still. Which was strange because I'm the hyperactive one of the family. She kept her hand over her swollen stomach. She was pacing between the sink and our fridge.

"Mom what's up?" I question her.

She sighed. "Percy, I had someone contact me today."

"Someone?" I question as my hand instinctively reached for riptide in my jeans pocket.

"No, no. Nothing like that. An old friend, she found out I was living here and wanted to stop by and catch up." My mother explained. "I'm just nervous because I haven't seen her in forever. The last time I saw her was...in less fortunate circumstances."

"Wait, what?" I questioned as mom stepped closer to me.

My mother sighed again as she pulled me into a sitting position beside her on the living room sofa. "She said she would be stopping by sometime today. I'm a bit nervous."

The door opened and we bolted to our feet, but it was only Paul.

"Goodness, what's got you both in a tangle?" He asked as he shut the door behind him and stepped out of the entrance.

A knock on the door sounded from behind him causing Paul to jump. With a glance at mom and I he returned to the door.

"Hello?" Paul opened the door.

"Hi, I'm here to see Sally." A women's voice could be heard.

My mom ran past Paul and greeted the woman in a great big hug. Paul opened the door further allowing me to see a head of red hair.

Thanks for reading. I welcome constructive criticism. If you liked it please don't forget to vote.