Awkward Walk

Percy POV

"A job?" I questioned completely taken aback.

"Yes." My mother's friend replied. "I am an agent for S.H.I.E.L.D. That stands for Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division. We help those in need."

"Oh." Percy didn't know what else to say.

"I would like to recruit your talents."

"My talents?"

"You can fight."

"I can fight." I mentally cursed myself for sounding so stupid. But, I was honestly too shocked to reply in any other way.

"Are you going to accept my offer?" She asked.

"Um, yes?" I responded. "I mean, sounds good!"

She checked her watch. "We should probably get you home. We won't want your mother worrying."

"No, we wouldn't. She's worried enough." I replied.

We began to head down the street torwards my apartment. I gripped Riptide in my pocket ready at all times for an attack. "So, uh, Nat?"

"Just call me Natasha." She responded.

"How did you meet my mom exactly?"

"That really is something that is up to her to tell you."

"Oh." I made a mental note to ask my mom about it later. The rest of the walk was silent until we turned up the street that my apartment building was on.

"So is Percy short for anything?" Natasha asked.

"Yeah, Perseus. But, I prefer Percy."

"I think I would too, in your place." She held the door to my apartment open for me and we stepped inside.

Thanks for reading. I welcome constructive criticism. If you liked it please don't forget to vote.