Nat

Percy POV

"It's so good to know that you escaped!" My mother told the red-headed woman in our entrance. "You were always like a little sister to me. It broke my heart when I left."

"I, uh, I didn't escape. I went through graduation." The red haired woman said, dipping her head.

"Oh." My mother rubbed her enlarged stomach more. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. You know why they​ do it. No attachments and all."

"But you're out now. Nat?" My mother asked as she pulled her friend further into the apartment.

"Yes. I defected. I don't work for them anymore." The woman, Nat responded.

"Um, honey?" Paul asked as he finnished closing the door. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Nothing. Just the . . . orphanage I used to live in." My mother responded. "Nat why don't you come sit. We have a lot to catch up on."

Nat smiled thankfully and they sat on the couch. Nat sat stiffly with her hands in her lap.

"So, introductions?" Nat asked.

"Oh, yes. This is Paul, my husband." She gestured torwards Paul. "And this is Percy, my son."

"How old are you?" Nat asked me trying to make friendly conversation.

"Seventeen." I replied with a small smile.

"Do you have a job?" She questioned.

"No, not yet." I responded before turning to my mom. "Hey, mom, can I leave? I have already arranged to spend time with Jason."

"Sure thing honey." My mother replied. "See you by dinner?"

"Speaking of dinner" Paul spoke up, "we're out of groceries. Since you'll be with your friend I guess I'll go shopping."

"Thanks." My mother replied.

Paul and I left my mom to catch up with her friend.

Thanks for reading. I welcome constructive criticism. If you liked it please don't forget to vote.