Duty

Natasha POV

It was great to be reunited with my old friend Sally. I felt more relaxed during this conversation with her then I had been in years. Unfortunately my phone started ringing.

"Do you mind if I take this?" I asked Sally when I saw who was calling.

"Oh, no go ahead." Sally smiled kindly.

I stood up off the couch and entered the small hallway that probably led to the bedrooms before answering the call.

"Agent Romanoff we have received reports that there is an Asgardian monster nearby you. I know you have your day off today but can you please deal with it?" Agent Coulson said.

"Sure thing. Just send me the coordinates." I replied as I eyed the picture frames lining the halls. Most of them featured what I presumed was a younger Percy.

I reentered the living room with Sally still in it.

"I'm sorry, but I have to leave." I apologised.

"Don't worry about it." Sally said and I nodded in thanks.

💣💣💣

I crept closer to the monster. I had changed out of my civilian clothes a few blocks away. The street was dark, lit only by a few streetlights and lined by tall shops and restaurants. The monster was pawing at the ground beneath on of the lights.

"It's a Draugar." I reported through my comm-link.

"Proceed with caution." Came the response.

I pulled out a knife and began my advance. I inched closer while remaining in the creature's blind spots.

"Hey, Sparky." A boy's voice called out. "What kind of monster is this one?"

"I don't know. I've never seen it before." Another boy's voice replied.

"How about we take it down?"

"Sounds good."

A blonde boy rose into the air. He tossed a small object into the air and it turned into a sword. He launched himself onto the monster.

Percy Jackson ran around from where he had been hidden by the monster. He used his own sword to slash the leg of the monster.

A few moments later the monster was defeated.

"Huh, no gold dust." Percy said.

"Is your mother aware that you go around the city fighting monsters?" I asked him causing him and his friend to spin around and face her.

Thanks for reading. I welcome constructive criticism. If you liked it please don't forget to vote.