Coulson

Percy POV

I followed Natasha into the large building. Well, base was more like it. There were people buzzing around. All trying to quickly get to their destinations. Everyone seemed to walk with a purpose. I even had to quicken my natural pace to keep up with Natasha, who seemed to be walking just as quickly as everyone else.

We entered a courtyard of sorts. There were small jets and planes that were being directed to where they needed to go. I spun in a small circle to take in all the sights. A crowd of people dressed in black passed by whispering solemnly to one another. I wondered what they were heading off to do.

"What kind of work do you do exactly?" I asked her as I tried to catch back up with her.

"You'll see." She replied.

Great.

Natasha led me to a man dressed in a professional business suit who was apparently waiting for us.

"Agent Coulson." Natasha greeted.

Coulson nodded torwards me. "Is this the new recruit?"

"Yes. He is." Natasha replied. "His name is Percy Jackson."

"Well then, Percy, walk with me." He started walking with his hands clasped behind him. I quickly joined him. "Do you know what we do here?" He asked me.

"Well no. Not really." I replied.

"Let's just say that we help save the world." Coulson said.

"That much I pretty much figured out on my own." I replied.

"We have examined all records of you, and, in normal circumstances we would never consider reqruting you as your grades are not satisfactory, you change schools nearly every year, nor does having dyslexia and ADHD help us to consider you. There's slight criminal record following you from firing a cannon during a school feildtrip​, exploding buses, to threatening old ladies. Not to mention that there is no record of who your birth father is. However, as you came with a recommendation from one of our higher agents we thought that we should meet you first."

Thanks for reading. I welcome constructive criticism. If you liked it please don't forget to vote.