Scene One

It was already dawn and the City of a Thousand Candles, as it was know, was already bustling. Even thought the city was packed, two of its visitors were trying to stay hidden. That was already easy enough as it is  since you would not be able to find your friend about three feet in front of you because there was just that many trolls. Suddenly, a commotion broke out. A thief was running away with his loot, or his breakfast as he called it. As the guards ran after him, they pushed shoppers, traders, merchants, and beggars out of the way. One of those trolls happened to be a you one by the name of Signless.

     "With my face against the floor, I can't see who knocked me out of the way."

     Signless had been pushed face down into the dirt path of one of the market streets.

     Dolorosa knelt down to help him up.

     "I don't want to get back up..." 

     As she reached down and picks up his hands to pull him up, the scene witches to something more recent.

     At one of Signless's sermons, he had been pushed onto the ground by someone that had shown up to put him down and humiliate him. The troll that did that was later pummeled by a ground of trolls that were angry about what he had done to Signless.

     "... But I have to..."  

     Disciple had reached down and picked up Signless by his hand just as Dolorosa had done when he was a child.

     "... So it might as well be today."