Scene Two

One night after a rough journey through the desert plains, Dolorosa and Signless had come across a cave and they had decided to stay there for the night. After rethinking his life a little too much, Signless was just done.

     "Nothing appeals to me." 

     He was just fed up with everything.

     While they were looking for another place to stay the next day,  they saw a city burning to the ground. The Condesce's ships and drones had destroyed it and set it ablaze. Signless stared at it and realized that it was The City of A Thousand Candles. He and Dolorosa had been there earlier that day. Once a beautiful city, it had now been turned to ashes and burnt to a crisp; all because of him.

     "No one feels like me." 

      If only, he thought, he would have been born a rust blood. The he would at least have a little respect. He was tired of running for his life. All he wanted was to have a normal life, but at the same time he didn't. He knew that he served a purpose greater than he would ever realize.

     "I'm too busy being calm to disappear." 

     At last, Signless had finally calmed down and crawled out from the rock he was hiding behind so he could be alone. He no longer wanted to disappear. He just wanted to be alone at the moment, but he knew that that would never happen.

     "I'm in no  shape to be alone..." 

     Once again, he realized that if he were alone, that he would be putting himself at risk, as he wouldn't be able to protect himself on his own. He would be easy to spot out. It's almost like a red marble in a sea of blue marbles, and  that would mean that the Condesce and he spies would be able to find him easily.