Chapter 16

XVI. SUNSET ON THE HILL

Harry held Mrs. Marrow in his arms as she carried on crying, with Lena patting her back and wiping her tears. 

"Come on, mum. You have to sit down. Let me help you," Lena grabbed her mother and sat her down on the couch placed in the middle of the room. She sat down beside her. "Are you okay?"

Lena's mother nodded, wiping away the few tears that were left streaming down her cheeks with a handkerchief. "I just can't believe it. I would have never imagined this happening. I'm so sorry, your Majesty." She apologized to the Prince.

Prince Harry chuckled and shrugged. "It's okay, ma'am, you don't have to be sorry." He smiled. "By the way, may I borrow your daughter for a second, Mrs. Marrow? I have another surprise for her which I wouldn't want her to miss. It will just be a second, ma'am. I give you my word, I will return your daughter pretty soon."

"Of course, your Highness. Take all the time you want. You have already given me everything I could ask for right now."

Harry smiled and thanked Mrs. Marrow, taking Lena's hand and leading her out of the house.

"God, there's more? Harry, you don't have to-"

"Hush."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know, I just..." she stopped for a second, looking down at her hand intertwined with Harry's.

"See that hill over there?" Lena nodded. "We are going to climb it. Last one to get there is a loser!" Harry exclaimed, letting go of Lena's hand and sprinting up the hill.

"Hey, you bastard!" Lena laughed, gently lifting her dress and running behind Harry.

She got to the top of the hill and tripped, but felt two strong arms catching her before her face could hit the grass.

"Hey, watch out. You okay?"

Lena nodded and got up. "I'm fine, thank you."

"You are a loser."

"Pardon me?"

"I got here first, which means you are the loser." Harry said in a mocking tone, sticking his tongue out to Lena.

"And you call yourself the most powerful man on the Kingdom." Lena scoffed in a playful way, making Harry chuckle.

They both sat down on the moist mountain grass, not caring about their expensive clothing getting stained.

"The view from up here is so beautiful."

Silence overcame them for a couple of minutes. It wasn't awkward. It was a comfortable silence. The type of silence that connects two people without them saying a word to each other.

"I just wanted you to know, Lena, that you and your family are going to be a priority to me. I am going to help them with anything they need. And you don't have to worry about not seeing them. You are going to be seeing a lot of them, I can promise you that." Harry said, breaking the silence.

"What you did down there was amazing. Thank you, Harry."

"It was nothing."

"It may be nothing to you, but it was the world to my mother. I could never repay you for what you did to her. You basically saved her life. And my family. So thank you."