Forty-Four || Hello?

"What?" Was the only word that Lauren could force out of her mouth.

"Why didn't you stop me?" Lauren said, trying to process everything.

"I tried to Lauren, but you were downright wasted." KD still avoided eye contact with her.

"Well then why did you say it was Kyrie on the jet back?"

"I know I should've just told you, but I was too scared."

"I mean I was drunk too, so I don't even remember."

"But that morning after." Lauren paused.

"What do you mean?" KD asked.

"You said something about how you could've treated me better than Klay." Lauren said, recalling the morning after the whole incident.

"If we're being honest right now, I liked you Lauren. I saw you coming to the games and I don't know, there was just something about you. I never wanted to come in between you and Klay, but after what went down with Kelsey or whoever, I just took the risk. Yeah we were drunk, but you were more drunk than I was." KD tried to explain.

"Wow, this is a lot to take in right now." Lauren sighed, her anxiety building up.

"Look I know this is a lot, but that was the only reason why I came down to LA. I just wanted you to hear it from me."

"K, you're a really nice guy, but I don't think I can really move anywhere from here. I mean, I haven't even talked to Klay yet."

"No yeah that was stupid of me to say. Never mind, yeah pretend this conversation never happened." KD shook his head, standing up.

"No Kevin wait, I didn't mean-"

"No it's okay, it was my fault. I took advantage of you and I should've never done that." He said, walking back to the stairs and heading down.

"K, please can we just talk this out? I don't want any more bad blood with anyone." Lauren pleaded, following him down the stairs.

"No it's you and Klay now. I should've never gone in between. Sorry."

Those were the last words that Kevin said to Lauren before heading out the door. He had no ride, so he just called for an Über to take him to the airport.

Lauren wanted to set things straight, but she gave up. The NBA life was too hard for her. She always had to worry about her man. He traveled everywhere, and of course girls were all over him. Lauren was tired. She wanted to keep in touch with his teammates though. The friendship she built with them was something special. But she needed a break for now. It was time for her. Lauren wanted to make sure that her schedule was booked, so there wouldn't be a single second for her to think. She wanted to get her mind off of everything. Klay, and even KD.

She knew she needed to get her mind off it, but she also needed someone to talk to. Right on queue, her phone began to ring. She smiled as she saw the caller ID.

"Lauren! I'm in LA! Let's hang out!" The familiar and comforting voice of Ayesha Curry said through the line.

"Girl I was just about to call you! Things are not so good right now." Lauren sighed.

"Aw Laur, I have a couple meetings for the rest of the day but I'm for sure gonna be there tomorrow! Stay strong for me okay? We'll talk tomorrow, let's have a spa day." Ayesha said as Lauren smiled.

"That is much needed, I'll see you tomorrow yeah?"

"Perfect! See ya!" Ayesha said before they said goodbye and hung up.

Lauren immediately crashed onto her bed, letting out the biggest sigh. She was emotionally drained, she didn't know what to think. She decided to change into a big t-shirt, put her hair in a bun, freshen up, and lay in bed. She did just that and felt herself sink into her sheets. She flipped on her TV and wanted nothing to do with the media, or even basketball. So she went on Netflix and began watching Two Chicks. She wanted to watch a movie that will get her mind off of everything.

Halfway through the movie, she fell asleep. Lauren took about a two hour nap until she woke up to the sun setting. She sighed as she rubbed her eyes, and got out of bed. She dragged her feet down the stairs and to her kitchen as she searched the fridge for something to eat. Unfortunately it was empty, so she had to turn to PostMates and order from there. She opened the app and a picture of KD popped up.

"WHY ARE THEY EVERYWHERE?!" Lauren was frustrated, knowing that KD sponsored PostMates. She rolled her eyes as she ordered a salad, an iced tea, and a slice of chocolate cake from Urth Caffe. She placed her order and went back upstairs to her bedroom. She laid back in bed, waiting for her food to be delivered.

She waited for about forty-five minutes for her food. She heard the doorbell ring and put on some sweats before heading downstairs. She opened the door as she greeted the PostMates delivery worker.

"Good evening Ms. Hill I have your food for you!" The delivery man said.

"That's me! Thank you so much!" She said as she handed the worker a hundred dollar bill.

"Keep the change." She smiled at him.

"Wow! Thank you so much! Have a great night!" He said before walking off back to his car. Lauren smiled knowing that she made someone's day better.

She shut the door as she walked back to her kitchen. She unpacked her food and started eating. Lauren padded over to the living room, turning on the TV there. She ate her salad as she watched TV. She decided to watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians, watching her friends on TV. She snapped a picture of her salad and the TV while captioning it, "Recovery mode😴". She posted it to her story, immediately being viewed by thousands of people.

While she was watching TV and eating her dinner, Lauren got a call on her phone from a blocked phone number. She was debating if she should answer it or not. She gave in and pressed the green accept button.

"Hello?" She answered, her mouth full of food.

"Lauren Hill. It's Klay, Klay Thompson."

Author's Note: oooooooo Klauren is speaking for the first time ever since the whole Vegas/Kelsey incident😶😶what do you guys think will happen? Any ideas? Hope you all are having a great Wednesday! It's almost Friday which means, almost time for double updates!!! Thank you all for your support! I appreciate it so so so much! Please don't forget to comment and vote! Much love! xoxoxoxoxo😘