1. Partners

September 2025

A shy junior, Liam Payne, closes his locker with a soft sigh. He fixes his glasses while walking towards his first class, not wanting to bump into his ignore bullies.

He's dealt with them too many times to count, but someone is always there to save him. Someone mysterious, someone who is light on their feet has the ability to assist Liam without him knowing.

He's wondered if it's the famous Blue Fever that everyone has been talking about (the boy who he has fantasized about), but that's highly, knowing his boring situation in life.

The superhero must be homeschooled in order to be more secretive, but somehow, flames come out of nowhere and strike his bullies when he's in danger.

Maybe he's just hallucinating and it's just a new person helping push the bullies away each time? That seems more logical as his luck with getting help from someone amazing is very low.

No one should care about him anyway, not even after his parents died, that's for sure (that's what he thinks). But maybe people should care for him, even if he is the nerd of the school who enjoys homework and books. Maybe he should be loved.

The brunette sits down in his seat, at the back of the class where he enjoys, taking out the necessary items and putting them on his desk. He clears his throat quietly before noticing a tuft of blonde hair peeking out of the corner of his eye.

Liam turns to the blonde and his cheeks instantly heat up. Its Niall Horan, the boy who lives in his dreams. It may sound creepy, but Liam dreams of Niall every night.

Whether they may be naughty or not, he has those dreams and he can't help but lose his breath when he takes notice of those blue eyes and cheeky grin of his. He's just so gorgeous. His laugh, his smile, his voice and everything else.

He's perfect.

"I think we are starting a new lesson today with a partner activity," Niall's voice comes out soft, but it still sends shivers down Liam's spine.

"Would you like to work together on it, Liam? I promise I'll help out and not be the person to just use you. I know how that can be." Those words makes Liam even happier, because Niall knows what Liam goes through.

Well, since Liam and everyone else had to speak in front of the class about themselves the first day, everyone knows a lot of things about him.

Some things were personal and some not, but he loves his first period class, because everyone enjoys his company, even the gorgeous Niall Horan. The boy who came from Ireland, who seems to have a mysterious past, as he had told the class.

Liam can't speak though, all he can do is smile and nod at the boy, earning a smile and a nod back from the mysterious blonde.

"I have a feeling we will get along even more, after this project. Starting with, you're shy and I'm the opposite, which is totally fine with me. Shyness on people is adorable and understandable."

Liam wants, no needs, to jump out of his seat and start squealing like a newborn piglet, but he can't. He doesn't like causing too much attention to himself and squealing like a piglet wouldn't help his hatred with attention.

"Th-Thank you..." The brunette speaks, making Niall grin big, because Liam is trying for him.

The effort that people have says a lot about themselves, and Liam is putting effort in speaking to him. He can't appreciate that enough.

"It's no problem at all, Liam. Take your time with speaking to someone new. Patience is key and I have all of it, so there's nothing to worry about."