ONE

YALL I MADE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 12 PLS I WILL EDIT THIS IM CRACKING UP OMG enjoy <33

"See you, Cherry!" I yelled from across the field, wiping the sweat off my face.

     I made my way towards the school, and off the practice field.

     The cheer supplies bag was draped over my shoulder, as I had to lock the equipment in the gym building.

     The door creaked open after a few forceful pushes.

     I hurriedly walked down the seemingly empty hallway with the bag over my shoulder, but I heard a gasp as soon as the doors shut.

     "Sodapop is that you?!" The voice yelled in a panic.

     "Hello?! Is someone there?!" The voice yelled again.

     I could tell it was Sandy. I never bothered talking to her by choice, but she always managed to scared me.

     I heard her pair of heels start coming down the hall around the corner.

     I held my breath and pulled the bag along with me hiding behind a wall.

Her footsteps abruptly stopped, and she groaned out of frustration as she began to walk again, returning to her hallway she originally resided in.

     Sandy's footsteps reached the end of the hall, and I quietly tried to find the key on the key ring for the janitors closet.

   I sighed in relief once I found the key on the key ring.

The janitors closet creaked open with ease, instantly becoming my safe haven.

Her heels paced back and fourth on the ground, out of a great deal of anxiousness.

     I opened the door and creak echoed the halls.

Sandy's heels stopped again and slowly started making a turn down my hallway.

I held my breath and pressed myself against the corner of the dirty closet, hoping she wouldn't notice me in the window of the closet.

     Thankfully, a boy flung the doors open and ran into the school, causing Sandy to halt in her path.

     "Sandy baby, where are you?"

     "I'm down here Soda." She said, still examining door I was hiding in.

     "Sandy is everything okay? Why'd you need me to come here now? You sounded upset over the phone." The boy was out of breath, obviously rushing to get over here to her.

     "Soda.. I can't see you no more... I had to tell my parents I was at some committee meeting tonight .. I.."

     "Why can't you see me? Did I do something?" He concerningly whined.

     "Look. I'm not allowed to see you anymore my parents don't trust me. I can't go anywhere but school or to pick up Clara from school I can't -" She sobbed.

     "Hey, hey. Come here, Sandy. Now tell me what's the matter, please. I don't have much time now, I gotta get home and help with dinner. I want to help you first though. "

     "Soda.. I'm pregnant.. I gotta leav-"

     Through the glass window, I could see the sides of their faces. The boy's face grew a contagious smile, as I noticed was smiling as well.

He kissed her face and spun her around, laughing out of pure joy.

     "Soda stop! Put me down! Just stop, I'm sick and tired of you being all happy all the time! athis isn't funny, damnit!"

     Slowly, his smile faded, into nothing. His complexion drained of color and even through the window, I could see his eyes glaze up .

     "Sandy... I know it's gonna be tough and all but we can make it work... I can get another job or somethin' and we coul-"

     "It's not yours, damnit! Soda I don't love you that much! I have to be honest, I don't! You never have time for me, we never hang out anymore, I'm sick of it! Now look what you've gotten me into! I'm tired of this shit Soda, it hurts!"

     "Sandy... my parents just left and I'm all alone. I only have my brothers and the gang, I don't even have school anymore... You really think I wanna be letting them down this way? They wanted me to go far and here I am, just a dropout! I'm really trying here. I know you don't have the easiest life, but I don't have the easiest one either! I'm sorry for yelling but everyone keeps leaving! I'm trying my best for you! Soon I'm gonna lose one of the boys or something, I dunno what I'm gon-"

     She interrupted his sentence by placing a piercing slap on the side of his face.

     "Shut the hell up. You don't know it's like to be me. My folks are sending me to damn Florida now! All I have is two days left here in Tulsa! I don't know how I'm gonna do this either. But I'm trying. You need to use you head more, Sodapop. You need to think of others. You should have thought of me."

     She ran out the rusty doors by the field and looked back through the window one last time before she left for good.

The boy stood there shocked by what had happened to him.

He seemed so fragile.

And he was.

A tear slowly fell off his cheek. Soon two tears, and then ten.

     "GODDAMNIT!"

     He yelled so loudly, my ears rang soon after. I intently stared out the side of the window wondering what could cause someone so much pain. He slid down against the lockers crying out sobs.

I nervously opened the closet door and walked over to him.