The Sun | 1

I feel the damp mossy floor of the cellar underneath my paws. It looked like the place hasn't been used in years.

There are thick iron chains on the walls. I am standing in the middle of an old, broken wine cellar. It's strange to be here after so many years of running from it.

The floor was made of cement that had cracks in it, where little plants grew from them. There were claw marks all around the room that looked to be those of a large dog but all of them looked to be at least a couple of years old.

I was tracking a wild deer, when I ended up here. Ever since that one night, 5 years ago I have been running from my past.

All of a sudden I am right back in the middle of it, back in Blackwood Creek. A cold shiver suddenly runs down my spine, like the wind itself is tracing my backbone.

I don't know what led me here to this retched place. Buried beneath the surface of the forest. But all I know now is that I need to get put of here. Like immediately!

I run up the stairs and start running out of the woods and towards the beachfront.

As I break the tree line I can see blue waves as big as a small car, crash against the pearl white beach. I can smell the salt of the sea in the breeze as I start running along the beach. I can feel the small sand between my paws and wind rustling my golden brown fur.

I slow down as I feel my lungs beginning to burn in my chest, laying down on the beach to rest my snout.

I smell a familiar scent in the air. It belongs to the deer that I have been tracking. I am starting to think that this deer is more then it seems, but if not I might as well and go and get some food.

The deer has a white coat with black dots specking all along from its tail thinning out at its head with antlers easily 2 meters long. It is walking through the forest to the top of a hill where only a few trees look like they are positioned in a circle.

Its always the most irritating part for me, the long wait to get the correct chance to attack the prey. I carefully tread on the leaves, darting between trees, with every step getting closer to my prey. As I realize that im near enough to attack, I start running and I leap to reach its neck. Going for the kill, but instead of feeling the sweet warm liquid in my mouth, I painfully land on my side. Looking for the deer but only seeing a strange blue trail of whisp dissapear behind a tree.

I study my surroundings looking out from the top of the little hill. I see two tombstones placed in the middle. As I read the words placed on them, my heart clenches. I cant breathe, it feels as if somoene is suffocating me.
And at the same time ripped my heart out.

Hey this is my first book so I would love to hear your voice of opinion on the chapter. Like what I can improve. Please Vote and comment! Ur support is really welcome and if you have a question just message me.

Love you guys

*Ciana*