The Truth

**Quintin's Pov **

I feel the hot embers of the fire around me as I sit on one of the logs around the fire we built earlier at sundown. Everyone's laughing with Ryder probably joking around with the subject the others were talking about earlier. Normally I'm excited for these little get together we have at the lake around the fire, but tonight my mind just can't settle like something bad is going to happen. My wolf has been stirring for almost three days now, he has this almost overwhelming excitement for some reason I only realised it because it started as a low pounding in my stomach but then worked its way to my chest and is now in a little tornado sucking my breath away.

My wolf has never acted so bizarrely not even when I refused to let him out for weeks on end because I'm afraid that I would lose control at any moment and never be able to get it back. Even after the time before I let him out he wouldn't be this excited. Somehow he always knew on which day I would let him out? Suddenly I hear a piercing howl shutter the night sky, it is filled with so much pain and loneliness that I have the sudden urge to envelop the animal that let it out into a warm embrace and not let go until it was filled with nothing except happiness.

being plucked from my thoughts I stand in an instant and looking at Ryder coming towards me with Riley behind him. "Lets go check it out" I say before me and Riley shift into our wolves and Ryder into his midnight black puma. Before we run off to the source I give the rest a of the small group a look telling them that we will be back before sunrise and only to investigate or offer help if needed.

*Later that night*

We arrive at a hill over looking the town, I catch a scent just after a few minutes longer than usual which is strong, but there is more than one and somehow, one smells like the sea breeze with vanilla blossoms and the other like the earth and ash. Something is definitely wrong as long as I can tell there are at least six of the others that smell like the earth and only one of the other scent that I caught. My wolf suddenly becomes wrestles at this information and almost starts sprinting towards the source of the scents after relaying this information to Riley and Ryder.

We have been jogging towards the sources of the two scent and as far as we could tell the second scent that smelled like earth was an hour or two older then the other one. We are catching up with them and will probably see them in the next fifteen minutes or so. We suddenly stop a few miles just in front of a clearing as six scents split up but the first scent and one of the second ones keep going straight into the clearing. This does definitely not have a good feeling about it. I look back at Riley and Ryder who are cautiously looking around the aria and sniffing the air.

They read my eyes and nod understandingly I wait until they both jog out of sight into to opposite directions around the big clearing ,each will be coming from another angle out of the woods to make sure everything was safe and there are no unnecessary surprises for us.

I wait a minute until I'm sure they reached their position, as I walk into the clearing I suddenly see a wolf with an coat almost a perfect reflection of a gorgeous sunset with blood pouring from wounds on her side and her back all of them deep gashes. The wolf is small for most wolves. But what worries me more is the wolf that is three times its small size leaning over her with some wounds of its own but those don't look as fatal. This wolfs fur is rough and looks untamed its colour a sickly brown. With its canines extended they are dripping wet with blood.

Although three times its size the tiny auburn wolf lunges at the other with a ferocity, skill and grace only dreamed off she jump to its side built for speed in her small frame, her claws slicing into my skin red liquid poring from the open wound , the other wolf knocks the air out of the little one , leaving gravity to pull the little one on its back harshly, the brown wolf leaning over her ready to go in for the kill, and you can sadly see the tiredness in its final attempts to defends itself.

Before the human part of me can fully process the scene in front of me my wolf starts jogging towards them ready to defend the little wolf from the other. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Ryder advancing too , to aid in me if I needed help.From the wolfs flanks I lunge towards it and sink my fangs deep into its flesh making sure it would hurt badly. With the force that I lunged and the wound he stumbles off of the other wolfs and shakes me off, although its already hurt and a lot smaller then me , he's not going to go down without a fight.

We go a few rounds , me landing a deep gash on his neck or back and here and there the occasional deep bite. He lands a few deep gashes but after he realise that there are a black leopard and another wolf here he takes off.

Rider makes a move to follow him and interrogate him down but I stop him and make him know we can let this one go because he wont make it far without help.And. I look back to the beautiful Auburn wolf who was lying limp on the tall green grass. I quickly run over to her where Riley already stands inspecting her, I shift into my human form and shake her with my hands to make sure that she's not dead. She gives a soft barely audible whimper.

She barely opens her eyes and all I can see is her asking me to let death take her but at the same time to help her . I lean in close to her ear and whisper " Shift back " .She suddenly goes stiff in my hands ."We only want to help you, Ok? so can you please shift because we cant If you're in this form." I try to say in a reassuring voice. She reluctantly nods and after a few seconds I see bones snapping and in my hands lays a beautiful woman. with hair as black as night and her skin is the colour of a flawless light tan.

Riley hands me a t-shirt along with jeans. I take them and then notice that she already has some clothes on along with Ryder but still holds my sweatshirt? But with all this my eyes still haven't left the woman that lays in my arms completely. It looks like the shift took the last of her strength and she has passed out. I suddenly understand and dress while Riley quickly dresses the woman in my sweatshirt.After all Riley is a girl.

My heart is so worried over this strange girl I can barely dress fast enough before I scoop her up and we all start running towards our lake cabin where Doc can help her. I hope..

Hey guys so this is a long chapter chapter to apologise for the other that were really short I normally aim for like 1000-1500 words In this book I really want you to read how most characters see some things and their opinion on things along with not just the constant thoughts of one character.

For you guys that don't know I will be updating every Saturday. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter tell me what you think. Leave a comment and Vote if you enjoyed it really means a lot to me guys! Have an awesome day guys!!!

See you soon!!

*Ciana *