Chapter 2 - Specks of Orange and Yellow

Hey, is my story good so far? Probably not, but stay with me its just the beginning, sorry its short

Jake

I heard a small gasp? Ignoring it I wondered where I had to sit and who I was next to. No one put up there hand.

"Err, the seat in the corner at the window side... Next to that girl," Mr Punt said pointing in that direction. I didn't look up while walking to the seat. I sat down saying, "Hey," to the girl beside me. She slightly turned (not enough for me to see her face) and nodded. Then turned her attention back to what was outside.

"Well for the time being, you and Miss Gray will have to share books," said Mr Punt.

Just great. I really don't need this. Focusing on what was outside she slowly took out her book and gently lay it on the table. The name tag read 'Maya Gray.'

"Miss Gray, to understand what is going on in class I'm sure you have to look at the book," Mr Punt said smugly. Laughter ran around the class. Maya took a deep breath, I could tell as her shoulders went up then down. She turned, and there I saw her. Long silky brown hair up to her waist, snow white skin, her hair caged her left eye, but the other bursting with colours mostly green but specks of orange and yellow. I slowly closed my eyes and opened them, she was still there. A small sweet smile appeared on her face and she looked down at the book flipping through the pages. I felt my cheeks getting warmer. Am I... Blushing?! What no, I can't, I don't have time for this. I am blushing because... I don't need a reason!

"Answer all the questions on page 81 by the end of today’s lesson."

Maya took out her writing book and stared outside? I answered all the questions mentally as I read them and wrote them down. "Finished already Miss Gray?" Said the teacher she nodded, must've done them at home. "Need any help Mr Night?" I shook my head, "huh, quiet couple," Mr Punt said as he walked away.