2

Room 101, Jade Han and Daniel Kang.

April 3, 2017. 6:30A.M.

Jade stares back at Guanlin like a deer caught in headlights.

"No..." she shakes her head. "That can't be true. You did not just say that."

Guanlin crouches and pats Jade's back twice. "It's true. You know what, I'll give you a moment to guess why he died."

"I don't think he's dead." Jade continuously denies.

Guanlin crosses his arms. "I assure you that he's dead. What I can't assure, however, is the fact that you'll be safe here."

"Guys," Jade gets up from the floor. "Just tell me everything! What do I have to do with any of this? I just got here!"

Guanlin takes a deep breath and pulls something out from behind him. He then hands it over to Jade.

It's a sepia-tinted photo of Jade, which looks just as old as Jihoon's picture.

Jade's jaw drops in shock. She looks back at Guanlin with fear and desperation in her eyes.

"This is not me! I don't dress like this!"

Guanlin giggles as he puts his glasses back on. "Of course it's not you. She just looks exactly like you."

Jade looks at the photo she's been given again. The Jade doppelganger is wearing a frilly, lacey gown. She squints her eyes as she looks at smaller details.

The Jade doppelganger has light colored eyes. Jade's eyes are dark brown.

Jade lets out a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry. I guess I'm just really freaked out right now."

"Don't worry. If a murdered spirit was coming after me, I'd be scared too." Daniel smiles.

Guanlin eyes him badly. "Kang!"

Daniel puts his hands up. "I was just kidding!"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," Guanlin shakes his head in disappointment. "Your sense of humor sucks."

"At least my fashion sense doesn't."

"Oy, fuck you!" Guanlin pulls a side of his suspenders with his thumb and lets it go, the garter being slammed on his chest. "My suspenders cost $300, mind you."

"Yeah, but it still sucks."

Guanlin scratches his head with his index finger. "God, Kang, I really don't know why we're friends."

"Well, duh. We've both been attending summer camp here since we became teens."

"Noted." Guanlin nods, then he faces Jade. "Jade?"

"Yeah?"

"I know you're shocked, but you have to listen to whatever I say, okay?"

Jade shrugs. "Well, fine. Okay. It's not like there's anything else I can do."

"I'm glad we're clear." a smile tugs on Guanlin's lips. "And I'm sure you need further explanation."

"Can you tell me what I want to hear?"

Guanlin's smile widens with satisfaction. "Of course I do."

"Okay. So what's the sitch?"

"Mmm-kay. Let me sit on your bed because this is going to be a long conversation."

Daniel chimes in once again. "Just cut to the chase, Lai." then he opens a water bottle to drink.

"Oy, you shut up, Kang." Guanlin eyes him badly, but then returns his cold, neutral gaze on Jade. "So, Jade, that girl in the photo and you look very alike, don't you?"