18

A/N
Put on your saddest playlist,,, Nayana Piano Ver., Always, as long as it's gonna make you cry :')

18 chapters down, two to go.

???

???, ???P.M./A.M.

"Hello, Jade."

A boy, who looks a few years older than her, sits beside her on the garden bench.

"W-who are you?" Jade stutters, observing his clothing properly.

His black clothing looks perfect, his shoes are tied perfectly. He looks ethereal.

"My name's Kim Yongguk." the young man smiles at her.

"Kim Yongguk..." Jade tries recalling the name. "I don't think I've ever heard of you before. Are you a camper here too?"

Yongguk shakes his head. "Well... I masqueraded as a camper here, to watch over you. Nobody seems to know me, but I'm a very important person here."

"And why is that?"

Yongguk gets up again, exhaling heavily at the realization of having to tell Jade bad news.

"Your good friend asked me to relay the news instead of him."

Jade blinks at Yongguk. She's beginning to be very confused.

What was a boy in black, whom she has never heard of (or probably may have heard of at one point, but can never remember), doing in front of her? What kind of news does he need to break to her?

"Who? Can you tell me who asked you?"

Yongguk gives Jade a bitter smile.

"Tomorrow will be Park Jihoon's last day on earth." Yongguk sighs. "I will be taking him to heaven."

Jade jolts up, her long dream suddenly waking her up.

She looks around her.

Jade assumes that Daniel has left Room 101, as he's no longer in his bed and Jade is alone. The room is colder than usual, but she is sweating buckets.

Her first instinct is to wipe the sweat of her forehead with her hand, but her hand stays on her forehead while she's at it, holding her hair off her face in the process.

The dream has stressed her out so much- if Jade had to describe what she was feeling, she could just say that the dream was already taking a toll on her mental health.

Jade continues to look around the room, looking for any hints Jihoon may have dropped.

It's his last day on Earth. I can't let him leave.

Her phone, which she put on the brink of falling off the bedside table the night before, finally falls on the floor, making a loud thumping sound that catches Jade's attention.