Coursework Board 9 {Final Piece} - Different Senses Create Different Worlds

Summary Used On 9th Board:

My 9th board evolves from this quote: "Normal is an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." - Morticia Addams. The images on this board reflect on the title "Fantasy" as there are fantasy creatures sketched. Half of this image is drawn on white paper while a third is drawn on yellow paper, and the other third is drawn on black paper. The scene of the image is located in the kitchen where a door that leads inside the apple is sketched for the fantasy creatures, which see the world in a different way than ours, use to enter. I used water colors, a white pencil, inks, and a 0.7mm lead pencil to produce this outcome.

Full Explanation:

My ninth board revolves around this quote that I found in December, 2016:

"Normal is an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." by Morticia Addams.

The quote shows how this fantasy themed image, although it may seem abnormal and unrealistic to us, it may be the very reality for someone else. For example a schizophrenic or some other nonhuman creature.

The picture is located in the kitchen where half an apple is carved into a butterfly's wing by Vladimir Kush (Image found on Google in November 2016. Name: Butterfly Apple) and the other half is carved into three different shells where one of the shells is an ammonite. All three shell images are direct observations.

The apple sits on top of a cutting board (Photo downloaded from Google in December 2016) that sits on top of a table because I decided that adding a cutting board would make the image more modern because in modern days, most people using cutting boards when the want to cut fruit.

The apple is made out of red bricks because I chose to incorporate a piece of Vladimir Kush's "Dark Side Of The Moon" into my image and because it acts as a brick house to the door in the center bottom of the apple.

The knife and the caterpillar sitting on a knife are part of Vladimir's apple work and so is the fruit fly in the northwestern part of the picture. Also, the fly relates to the quote as it is one of the insects spoken of.

The spoons and kitchen utensils (Photograph downloaded from Google in December 2016) were added create an interesting and realistic touch to the fantasy-themed image.

The small sized spider in the northeastern part of the picture is a direct observation that I decided to add along with the large spider (Image found on Google in December 2016) in the eastern part of the picture because they both relate to the quote.

The swan ballerina was inspired by the wolf ballerina (The image of the wolf ballerina was found on Google in December 2016). The swan is a direct observation and the ballerina's body was found on Google in December 2016.

Lastly, the door I added in the center bottom of the apple is green because I wanted to add another apple's colour. The door ties the whole image with the quote because the creatures and insects in this room may be able to access the inside of the apple. The inside of the apple may be a house for the fruit fly or the spider or even the swan ballerina because she is flexible and may be able to fit herself through. Through the door may be a different abnormal world for us, but for these creatures? It's normal.