Ch34 Sanctuary

Rick's POV

After a few days, Carl and I are getting along and to our surprise, someone knocked on the door and we saw a familiar face... Michonne...

***

"Do you think Carl's alright?" Michonne asked me as she entered the kitchen with a white long-sleeve shirt. "He's damn fine, Michonne. Never heard him laugh like that for a very long time." I said 'cause a few minutes earlier, Carl and Michonne would joke around their past.

"We're running low. Carl and I will go look." She said and Carl walked in the kitchen. "You and Michonne will go out to look for supplies. You two'll be here at noon." I said as I handed him my Colt Python. Carl nodded yes and the two of them walked out of the house.

I walked in a bedroom that I mostly stayed in. I changed me clothes and I laid down on my bed to get some rest.

~§~§~§~

Glenn's POV

I woke up in a moving vehicle... An army truck and we're on the back of it... and I saw someone, a girl, on my side. I saw writing somethings on her hands.

"Good you're awake" She said while whispering. "Where am I?" I asked her. "I don't know where we are. They just suddenly took us in." The girl said... Maggie... She suddenly jumped in my thoughts.

I stood up and looked inside a window that's on the back of the driver seat. "Stop the truck!" I shouted and I can't clearly see anyone 'cause the window's dried up and is covered with dust. "Stop the truck!" I shouted again and I saw the driver formed the 'fuck you!' finger at me and it just literally pissed me off. The truck still didn't stop. I took my assault rifle and smashed its butt to the window repeatedly.

When the glass cracked, the truck stopped and I saw three persons come out from the front.

One's a big guy that wearing an army pants and a sleeveless shirt. His hair is cut in a military-form-type of haircut. He's blond and way older than me.

The second one is a girl. She also looks like that she's in the army but she has this slutty looks in her 'cause she is wearing a shirt that's short that's showing her belly button or some other shit and she's wearing shorts that's really short, y'know what I mean.

And the third one is the shortest. He has a black hair. He looks smart but scary. He's not scary on how he looks but he's scary 'cause he's acting odd and he's very quiet.

"What are you doing, civilian?!" He asked me like an army seargent or something. "I'm going back." I said and I grabbedy bags and walked away.

"Please let me come with you. I written the turns that they've drove us into while you're still out." The girl that I've been with earlier suddenly spatted out and walked with me.

"Look, young man, you don't have to do this." He said as the big guy blocked my way. "Look, I don't even know you." I said and tried to get on my way. I am Seargent Abraham Ford, that girl right there is Rosita and that man right there is Eugene Porter and he's a scientist." He said, still with his military attitude. "Look sir, I have to go find my wife." I said and walked around him.

"Look, young man, your wife is probably dead and you have no idea what you're doin!" He said and put his hand on my shoulder. With him saying that Maggie's dead, he literally pissed me off. I balled up my fist in anger but I can still manage it. "She's alive." I said and I started to walk away. "You better stop, son. The entire human race might count on you." He said and I stopped. "What are you talking about?" I asked him. "You better stop. Our mission here is to save lives and you need to come with us to save the whole goddamn humanity in this whole goddamn world." He said. "No thanks." I said and I started to walk again. "Your wife's probably dead." He said and I stopped... again... Abraham walked towards me. He was just going to speak at that time but I didn't gave him a chance. I punched him very hard. He fell down and he stood up and this is where the fighting happens.

We were making noise while fighting, especially the girls 'cause they're shouting while stopping us. Suddenly, we heard gunshots. I saw walkers coming out of a cornfield that's beside the road. "Stop firing that weapon now!" Abraham shouted at Eugene but he still didn't stop shooting.

I grabbed my rifle and started shooting.

When the walkers ran out. I heard Abraham "How the hell?! Did you kill this truck?!" Abraham shouted at Eugene. "No Rides? We're heading back." The girl that I've been with earilier said. She gave a gun back to Rosita and grabbed her bags.

"I'm Tara by the way." She said as soon as she came by my side. I saw Abraham and the others following the two of us with their bags.

~§~§~§~

Rick's POV

"C'mon you son-of-a-bitch! That's what you'll get for underrestimating your leader!"

I suddenly woke up from a man, shouting, downstairs. I heard someone whimping in pain and suddenly, a gunshot.

I quickly got up and tried to walk out of the room until I heard footsteps coming up. I hid under my bed and stayed quiet.

A guy checked the other rooms in the floor that I'm in. He entered my room and explored it for a second. "This is nice." I heard him say and he suddenly laid on the bed which caused me to be squeezed.

"Ya cozy in there?" One of the other members said. "You came to wake me up just to check if I'm comfortable?" He said meanly like he's the king if this place. "Get out, I'm gonna take this room." The redneck that's standing said. "Just take the room beside me." He said. "I want this room!" He said. "Just take the other damn room!" The king said. "I want this.!" I saw him walked towards the guy that's laying on the bed started strangled him.

When the shaking stopped, he pulled the body out of the bed and just let it lay straight on the floor. "It's my bed now you son of a bitch" He said plainly and laid on the bed.

I waited for a few minutes for him to sleep until I heard him snore.

I silently and quickly got out of the bed. I hid in the bathroom and when I closed the door, I felt somethong slammed on my head. I saw that it's another redneck. I grabbed a belt and I tied it onto his neck. He wasn't able to shout for help 'cause I'm strangling him very hard and very tight. I saw him reaching for a knife but I pulled him away from it. I felt the point that he stopped moving so I loosen up my grip and head for the window.

I got out of the window and I jumped on a tree that's beside the house.

I jumped on the tree and someone suddenly came out of the door. I stood still and I can hear the branches snapping. I saw Carl and Michonne walking towards the house. The redneck was just going to turn to my direction until he heard a shout from one of his members.

He quickly walked back in the house and shots fired. I quickly jumped down from the tree and ran to Carl and Michonne. "Go! Go!" I whisper-shout at them.

~§~§~§~

"Why did we left?" Carl asked me as we're walking along the railroad. "Well. Rednecks got in the house and killed each other." I said plainly. "Look!" Michonne said as she stopped by a freight. Carl and I rushed to the freight and there's something written on it.

"We survived" I said happily 'cause there's a writings on the freight that says a note about a sanctuary. "The three of us chuckled as we followed the railroad.