Ch42 Take Backs

Rory's POV

I walked to the door and held on the handle, earning a glance from Carl as he started walking down the stairs. I smiled back at him and closed the door.

I stripped my shirt off and looked at Carl's shirt. It's clean and you can tell that he hadn't wore this in a long time. The color's slowly fading away but, I still like this shirt.

I quickly wore it 'cause it's cold and you can see smoke that's coming out of our mouth everytime we exhale in a cold place.

I opened the door and walked out of my room. I got a glance of our old living room, main room as we call them. It still has the old arrangings. The green carpet is placed in the middle of two armchairs and another two couches. As usual, our fireplace is placed in front the seats and the carpet. God it looks cozy there.

I walked down the stairs and I saw Carl, took out his hat, and he sat on the carpet that I used to play in like a kitten with a yarn ball. "Hi" I said as I sat down beside him. "Hey, it suits you. Just what I thought." He said and leaned to kiss me. I also leaned towards him but I suddenly backed away from him.

"Sorry" He said. "I forgot." I mumbled. I forgot about our break up thingy. Look, everything just felt normal, like another day in the prison, when we greeted each other. I thought that we still have this relationship that we used to have back in the prison. It just felt like another day in the prison.

He again sat down like he used to before. He looked straight at the fireplace that Rick and Michonne lit up already before I got down. Carl faced down and I heard him mumble something that I didn't quite understand. It sounded more like 'Just tuck me back'.

"What?" I asked. "Just take me back" He suddenly said, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Look, Rory. What's stopping you to get back to me? I know that you want to be with me right now but you just can't. Is there something bothering you?" He said that out loud that probably caught Rick and MIchonne's attention.

"Carl, lis-" He cut me off.

"Look, that's what you told me when we broke up. 'Just listen'. I know that you're only going to say no to me again!" He shouted at me and I can feel tears clouding my eyes... Darn these hormones. Now that's what Bea told me about... 

"I ain't-" He cut me off again.

"What? You ain't coming back with me again? Well, guess what, Rory? You ain't ever gonna be with me." He said in a harsh tone. Did he really said that? I was only going to tell him to listen to me 'cause I have some explanation to tell him. And I was only going to tell him that I ain't gonna hurt his feelings anymore once we get together again. But why doesn't he want me to finish?

I kneeled, so I can face him, and I held my both hands on his face. "Carl! Listen to me....please" I said as I looked at his soft blue eyes that has tears coming down from his his eyes. He calmed down and looked back at me. "Alright" he sighed and I got back to my old sitting position. This time, facing him.

"When the prison got attack, Lizzie and the other kids and I ended up in a school and I took over........" There I trailed off with me shooting Jimmy, the time that I found Max, the school got attacked, I got rescued by Micheal, the time when I kissed him, the time we built a relationship, the way on how he treated me, the time when the town got attacked, and the time when Michael died.

"Am I that incomplete to you when we're together?" He said. "No. Actually, when I'm with him I'm thinking of you. I tried to shake you off of my head because I thought you're dead but you ain't. Now I hope you understand on why I broke up with you." I said.