Tall, Dark, And Green Eyed

ALEX'S P.O.V.

"No offense to your hot aunt Laney, but she has no idea how to tend to a broken or twisted ankle."

"And you do?!"

"I have some experience from back when I lived in New York."

I rolled my eyes. Right. "You're ridiculous!" I threw my hands up and landed them back on my lap. "Is this your big apology plan? " I yelled. "To kidnap me?"

"Awe hell!" He looked at me from the corner of his eyes with a scowl. "You know I ain't kidnapping you! Don't play that card on me!"

"Stop the car!" I exclaimed bluntly. Dally did nothing but keep driving. "Stop the damn car, Dallas!"

"Why?!"

"Dammit Dal' I'm gonna scream if you don't stop this car right now!"

He slammed on the breaks causing his car to skid on the road. I lurched forward along with him. When it stopped, I opened the door and got out into the warm night air. The sound of crickets and a far away train occupied the air. "What the hell are you doing?" He yelled through the open window. I decided not to answer because I was too busy trying not to scream with all the pain I felt in my foot from walking. I clenched my fists. "Get back in the car!"

I didn't answer again as he started to drive to keep up with me. "You don't even know where we are." He reasoned. 

"I'll find out." I shot back along with a glare. 

"You're a stubborn and stupid broad." He laughed, hitting the dashboard.

"Yup, that's the way to get me to forgive you, call me names." I laughed angrily.

He let out another bark of laughter. The pain began to move up my leg like a fire. I started to sweat and my walk began to falter into a hopping limp. Through my now blurry vision, I didn't even notice him stop the car and get out. He got in front of me. "It's kinda hard to engage in a high-speed chase when the person you're chasing is barely moving forward, doll." He looked at me with half concerned, and half amused eyes. Both made me mad.

He put his hands on my shoulders trying to help me back to the car, and though I didn't want to give into his act, I just wanted to get off my foot. Dally was half right, I was stubborn, but I wasn't stupid. When we were both back in the car, I pressed my head up to the warm glass of the now rolled up window. It didn't take long to get to his house. But it wasn't much of a house at that.

His house resembled the Curtis' in many ways but looked more beaten down. The front window was cracked and all the paint was chipped and old. The lawn was overgrown and the roof looked like it had been cheaply patched so every square foot was a different material.

Dally scooped me into his arms and slammed the car door with his foot. The night air was the same night air that made me and Two-Bit restless and want to go out in the first place. Now it just made me tired.

His house smelled old but in a comforting kind of way. I looked around as he flicked on a light switch. It lit up a small front room with a couch and an armchair placed lazily on the wood floor that looked untouched. He laid me down on the couch. "Put your foot up here on the arm of the couch to keep it elevated." I did as he said and he walked out of the room.

I looked around at the mostly empty room. What caught and held my attention was the polished fireplace on the back wall. It looked like the only thing that had been really cleaned in a while. It had one single picture frame on it with a little boy. His smile was bright and his freckles were brighter. His dark hair was combed, but messy in the back. What stood out most beside the dark freckles were the little boy's bright, lively green eyes. It didn't even cross my mind who it was until Dallas came back into the room.