Chapter 9

The family was now again gathered to this some fancy hotel my new dad had found. All of my brothers were present except for Gideon.

'That bastard likes to hide himself.'

"Dad? Where's Gideon?" Faith voice out my concerns. New dad divert his eyes to us which made me elbow him on his side. He winced.

"Your older brother is on his way. He's just rather busy these days with the business."

Faith and I both nodded our head but I tensed when new dads gaze fell on me. I gulp audibly as I stare back at him dumbly.

"Are you okay now William?" My eyes widen as I stutter for words to reply.

"Oh! yeah... I'm f-fine...err." From the words that I'm grumbling, I think I want to smack my head on the table right now. Even if it wasn't that awkward for him, its really awkward and embarassing on my side. Dunno why, I just had that feeling.

The dinner went well. I looked around seeing that everyone in the table are on their own little world making conversations where as I, left to stare at my dessert dumbly.

I feel really uncomfortable when someone decides to ignore me. It wasn't Gideon's fault and he knows that. It wasn't like he activated my phobia there and curse me to death, then I would've gut his balls off if possible. If I really did happen to die then I would have been singing Lukas Grahams song in heaven now...

'Everybody welcome to my funeral, Everyone of you...'

"Children..."

"Dad, how many times have we told you, we're not a bunch of children. Stop calling us that." Diether voiced out, making the other boys snicker.

New dad just gave out a few words about my sisters wedding, but I was too preoccupied that I didn't bother to listen.

***

The dinner ended with no sign of Gideon's shadow. And that made me irritated to the point that it made me think of evil plans. I looked at Faith who was slumped on the other bed watching something on his phone.

'I bet you don't wanna know what he's watching. And I bet you already know it.'

"Hey Faith! Quit watching those immoral videos of yours and join me." I jumped off the bed and slip on my slippers.

"Where are we going?"

"Here."

"Here? Are you playing jokes with me?" I grinned widely.

"I've got a plan. And I want you to join me."

The door opened and revealed Kris who looked at me with raised brows when he felt Faith and I watched him intensely.

"What?" He asked confused.

"And I'll be needing you too Kris."

**

When Gideon came home, it was already well into the night. He guessed that the three others who shares a room with him were already asleep.

That accident concerning William took a huge impact on me. I felt guilty that I didn't save him, but I couldn't do anything with the situation we were on that moment. We were stuck, and all I could do was shout for help and look at William who seemed to be dying from panic. I couldn't get over it that I just stood there and howl like a damsel in distress. I tried to talk to him but I didn't have the guts. This was suppose to be a vacation but I only immerged myself with work to get away from the guilt I am feeling towards William.

With a tired sigh, I unlocked the door into our room, only to be greeted with darkness. I felt along the wall to turn on the light but was stop when I heared scrambling from somewhere. I turned the light on then closed the door. I threw my suitcase on the sofa and looked at the doors on the other side. They were close, so I bet they were all sleeping sou--