Chapter 1

Dawn's pov

I hate this world, ever since the Demons made themselves known life for humans has gone to shit! Okay... Not literally, technology has advanced a lot, and many bad things have been erased, but it's not all for the good of humans. I wasn't even alive when the others took over earth, but my great grandma, Mawmaw, tells me stories that were told to her by her Mawmaw, and so on. It has been at least a thousand years since humans have had their own will with the planet, or even themselves. Now almost everything we do is controlled. I heard stories of places on earth that don't exist anymore, and adventures I could never have.

It is nearly my twentieth birthday, which means I will be given to a demon for breeding, or made to breed more humans. My family has been human breeders for as long as I know, so I am sure I will be a human breeder as well, instead of a Pet for a Demon. My family lives in a small town, there are only three thousand humans here. Though there are bigger towns, there are not too many humans left. Only about four billion, as opposed to the nearly eight billion there were when the demons took over. Only the best of the humans are given to the demons, the rest are breeded, until bad genes are gone.

A tap on my shoulder snaps me out of my train of thought, and I smile at my younger brother. Human breeders had ten children in their lifetime, he is the youngest, two years younger than I am.

"William, what are you doing? Weren't you going to the lake with your friends?" I ask, ruffling his light brown hair, he hates when I do that, but I can't help but show him affection, he is my baby brother.

"Sis! Don't do that!" He puts on an adorable pout, that is bound to draw in his partner every time, when he becomes of age. "I just wanted to hang out with you... Ya know, only two days left before you're pawned off... I may never see you again." He frowns, seriousness in his eyes.

I smile sadly, trying to show him it is okay. I don't want to leave him or our parents, but I must, or I could be killed. I would rather live a sad life with happy memories, then throw it all away. I hug him tightly. Though he is nearly a foot taller than me, and could easily pick me up, he is gentle and sweet with me. "I'll miss you Will.... Don't forget me... You'll always have a place in my heart." I say softly.

After a few moments, we pull back from the embrace, and walk home to spend one last night together, as brother and sister, as free children, as a happy family.

Shiro's pov

I have been waiting for my Pet for almost twenty years. I have watched her since she was born. I was only little then, but even seeing her, laying in my arms with her beautiful gray eyes wide and wondering at the world, I knew she would forever be my world. She was my Pet, and I would protect her from the cruel reality of most of my world.

When a Pet met their Demon, a bond would soon form, this bond made them actually attracted to their Demon no matter what horrible things their Demon did to them or others. I have seen cannibalism, brutal torture, slavery, isolation, and many more worse things. Most Pets are made to bear ten or more children with another Pet in their lifetime. Most of the time when with a Demon, after the first son and daughter the Pet is seen as useless, and may be experimented on, thrown out, or even killed.

I would not treat my Pet like that... Never her, she was like a beautiful angel sent down to make the world a better place. She was absolutely perfect.

I stop looking through my watching bubble, a bit jealous of my Pet's brother. He got all of her attention since her last older sibling left two years ago. He was a human breeder, and had only just gotten his Other pregnant for the second time. I would let her see him again if she wanted, but for now My blood was boiling. I just wanted to hold her in my arms. I would keep her in my room for a week, Pleasuring her in her waking hours, and holding her while she slept.

The image of her delicate body splayed on my bed entered my mind. Her delicious creamy skin would contrast well against the deep crimson of my silky bed sheets. And the beautiful ways her body would twist and writhe while I explored every inch of it. Goodness, it would be the most beautiful thing.

I growled, shaking the thought from my head. I looked around my room, eyes landing on the vanity I had set up for her, and the rack of beautiful collars upon it, each one had some aspect of the deep crimson that would show others she was mine on it. I couldn't wait to see her wearing my color. Or just a collar....

I got up, sighing and heading towards my bathroom, which was adjoined to my room. I needed to stop these thoughts before I went on a rampage from not having her right now. I stripped and got into the shower, turning the water as cold as it could get.

Two more days, and she would be mine.

Dawn

Dawn

Shiro

Shiro