Chapter 3

Kaneki's Apartment

The ivory head emo opened his freezer and saw human body parts inside it. He picked up a small one before swallowing it whole.

Kaneki went back to his living room and turned on the news before sitting down on his couch. It was a lousy rainy night for him and he didn't turn on the lights.

He suddenly smelled a familiar scent. He was sure that he smelled this person before. This person is on the other side of his door right now.

This person knocked on his door and Kaneki walked towards it before opening it.

As he opened it, he saw a masked man pointing a two barrelled shotgun on him. The man fired two times at Kaneki's face.

The bullets shattered on impact from Kaneki's face but the force made him stumbled backwards as he felt like he was being punched in the face by Touka so hard.

Kaneki held his head as he began cracking his fingers before disappearing from the man's eyesight.

The masked man blinked. He just lost Kaneki. His eyes scanned throughout his surroundings as the man cursed under his breath. Where did that emo go? He was just there and now he's gone? Where the hell is he? How can he moved so fast?

He turned his head around and saw a white haired monster standing behind him from the dark. It had two red tentacles on it's back. The man froze in fear at what he saw. The monster's left eye is black and red while his other is just a normal grey. The monster was smiling and cracking his fingers.

The man suddenly realized that he had already dropped his gun out of fear. He took a step back while his legs were shaking. He's fucked! There's no way he can defeat that monster.

The monster stepped forward, revealing himself to be the white haired teenager that he was suppose to spy then kill. He is Ken Kaneki. The new recruit of Task Force X.

The masked man screamed in pain as he saw Kaneki punched his chest so stong that it went inside. Blood began dripping on his nose and mouth while Kaneki pulled out his still beating heart before crushing it in front of his eyes. The man gives out his final breath as Kaneki ate the crushed heart.

Kaneki's neighbors heard the man's screaming from Kaneki's apartment and they were too scared to intervene or go out to find out what's happening in there.

Kaneki needs to get away from here. He has to. He realized that this was one of joker's men. That's why he smelled familiar.

He needs to clean up this whole place before finding a new one to stay. But where?

An idea suddenly popped up in his head as he started cleaning.

~~~

Rick suddenly heard a knock from his door. He sat up on his bed before proceeding to the door and opening it.

As he opened it, he saw Ken Kaneki on his usual black attire. He was wet because of the rain and he had blood all over his face.

"What the hell?!" Flag exclaimed.

"I got attacked by one of joker's men in my apartment. They knew where I live. I have already called Amanda to cover up my apartment and create a convincing story to the news. She told me that I can stay here for the meanwhile until she finds a new place for me." Kaneki informed.

"No! Get the fuck out of my house! Get out!" Flag refused and slammed the door shut. Why would he help a dangerous man-eating monster that looked like humans? He doesn't want a ghoul living in his house. He might try to eat June and him when they are sleeping.