Chapter 4

"Bruce Wayne!!!" Kaneki exclaimed as he saw the billionaire playboy.

"Hello, Kaneki. Nice to meet you." Bruce offered his hand.

Kaneki took his hand and they shook.

"What are you doing here?" Kaneki questioned. He never knew the billionaire playboy would be here. The billionaire playboy that is also Batman. The Dark Knight. The Archenemy of Joker.

"Well, Amanda. She, uh." Bruce looked down and started scratching his temple, "You're gonna live with me now." Bruce declared.

"I see. Just let me say my goodbyes."

"Yeah, sure." Bruce agreed.

Kaneki turned around to see Flag who is standing behind him.

"This is a goodbye then." Kaneki offered his hand to Rick, and they shook and smiled at each other, "Sayonara." Kaneki said before walking out the door with Bruce.

Flag closed the door and went back to his beloved June, who is still sleeping on the bed. Rick smiled at the sight of June. She was snoring which made Rick about to laugh, but he held it for her sake. He then wondered about Kaneki. Will he be okay with Bruce Wayne? Well, that would be fine. He knew that Kaneki is not the one who will be killed easily. Even Joker had a hard time killing him.

~~~

"From now on, your name is 'Ken Wayne'. You're my adopted son and you're a student at Gotham University." Bruce declared while driving his 2016 Black Chrevrolet Camaro.

Kaneki gave a stern look at Bruce. This new identity is kinda lame. He didn't like it. The name sounds funny.

"What is it?" Bruce questioned while his hands is still on the wheel.

"The name is- You know, weird." Kaneki stammered before leaning back on his seat and putting both of his hands in his pockets. He doesn't like this new name. He would have preferred if the first name to his new identity is 'Kaneki'. Even thought it was his family name.

"Well, okay. How about 'Kaneki Wayne'?" Bruce suggested. He realized that Ken doesn't to want be called 'Ken Wayne'. He remembered from Amanda that Ken always preferred to be called 'Kaneki' than being called 'Ken'.

"Now, that's a bit good than the last one." Kaneki remarked.

"You know, Amanda told me everything. About what you are. About who you are. Don't worry. I won't treat you as an outsider. I'll treat you as a friend." Bruce reassured while Kaneki looked out the window. He seemed a bit surprised that Bruce wasn't afraid of him. He even said he will treat him as a 'friend'.

~~~

Arkham Asylum

"Lex Luthor!" An associate called out.

The bald head criminal mastermind turned around to see his associate. Everything seems to go in slow motions as he began walking to his associate outside before he started holding the cell bars that is blocking him to get out of his cell.

"What information you are selling me this time?" The killer of Superman demanded as he gave a glare to his associate.

"There's a new recruit at Task Force X. He is the new adopted son of Bruce Wayne. Ken Kaneki." He informed.

"Kaneki, huh? Well, that's an interesting name!" The Luthor remarked before smirking deviously.

~~~

Wayne Manor

Kaneki sat on the couch and turned on the TV with a remote. He looked around and saw a bookshelf nearby. He wanted to read the books in there since he was such a bookworm. But he had no time. He has to be focusing right now.

"Kaneki! You need to go to school right now." Bruce said.

Kaneki sighed. This new identity and double life is irritating. He started cracking his fingers as Bruce sat beside him.

"How about this: You go to school and I'll train you so you can become much more stronger than ever." Bruce offered.

"You don't need to bribe me. I'll go. It's just that I never went to school anymore when I became a ghoul. But that's not the issue here. It's just that, what if I hurt someone. I'm very worried about that."

"Well, are you smart?" Bruce questioned.

"Yes." Kaneki answered.

"Then don't be." Bruce smiled. "I'm gonna put my whole trust in you." He started patting the emo ghoul's back.

Kaneki gotten a bit lively after that. He gained a small bit of confidence. Bruce is the first human that ever gave some kind of hope to him, beside his bestfriend: Hideyoshi Nagachika.

~~~

Gotham University

"Hello! Everyone! I'm here to annouce you that we have a new student." The teacher gestured to the white haired emo who was standing beside him, "This is Kaneki Wayne. He is the son of the owner of Wayne Enterprise: Bruce Wayne."

"How come they don't look alike?" One of the students questioned while raising his hand.

"I'm adopted." The emo declared before taking his seat next to a pretty young girl.

An unknown scent entered at the young ghoul's nose since he went inside. It smelled different from the other humans. No! It doesn't smell like a human. It kinda reeks of death. Kaneki raised his eyebrow at the girl beside him.

He noticed. The scent was coming from her. She wasn't human. She kinda reminds him of Touka. Who is she? No! What is she?