Thanksgiving with the Weasleys

Note: I know Thanksgiving is an American holiday but lets pretend it isn't for the sake of this one shot.

Draco idles outside of the Weasleys doorstep with Harry at his side. "C'mon, dear. Molly's waiting with dinner," The black haired boy urges the blond.

"They'll hate me," The taller of the two whispers, staring down at his hands which shook with nerves.

Harry kisses his boyfriend's temple lovingly and takes his trembling and clammy hand. "No, they won't," He reassures him.

"How do you know?" Draco murmurs.

"Because," Harry says, dusting snow off Draco's jacket. "If I care for you, they will too and it just so happens that I care for you very much," Harry's words cause a nervous laugh to pass Draco's pale lips and he nods slowly, giving his hand a squeeze before Harry opens the front door. "Ron? Hermione?" He calls moments after both boys pass the welcome mat.

A few beats of silence pass before loud shuffling footsteps descend down the hall. Seconds later, a familiar mop of red hair enters Harry's vision and he smiles wide. "Harry!" Ron grins, happy to see him. He then looks over at Draco and goes silent, features turning passive.

"Uh, hey Ron," Draco greets quietly.

"Malfoy," Ron replies shorts before turning back to Harry and saying, "C'mon in. Mum's nearly got dinner ready,"

Draco gives Harry's hand another nervous squeeze as the boy leads him down the hall, Ron leading the way and moments later, the three bustle through the kitchen and into the living room. On the way there, Molly smiles at Harry, patting his shoulder gently before turning back to the stove.

"Harry! You finally made it," Hermione grins from her spot on the couch. She had been watching George light fireworks which drifted around the room before turning into puffs of smoke in the scent of your choice, a new product he had been working on.

"Yeah," Harry replies with a similar smile. He doesn't dare mention why the two of them had arrived so late; Draco having been the reason. The silver eyed boy had been stalling for at least an hour until Harry had finally been able to yank him out of the house. "I hope you guys don't mind that I brought Draco. I didn't want him spending Thanksgiving all on his own,"

Ron mutters something inaudible under his breath and Harry ignores it just as George says, "Of course not. The more the merrier!" as he shoots Draco a friendly smile. The blond visibly relaxes at the friendly greeting, glad at least someone didn't mind his presence and loosens his steel grip on Harry's, becoming the slightest bit more comfortable. "Now have a seat. I want an unbiased opinion on some new stuff I'm working on," George says, ushering Draco over to an empty recliner.

Draco pays close attention to what George was showing him, amazed by the boy's work and giving his honest opinions. "This is incredible," He hears his boyfriend say at one point. "Merlin, how do you think of these things on your own?"

"It's been harder without Fred but I did most of the heavy lifting even when he was here anyway," Everyone stills for a moment at the mention of Fred but is brought back to life when George lights another one of his fireworks, the room suddenly exploding into a minty aroma. "So what do you do for work, Draco?" George asks after putting his experiments away and leaning back on the ottoman beside the blond.

"I uh, I work as a potions lab. My friend Pansy and I built it from the ground up and it's been doing pretty well. I've been working on this potion to keep broomsticks from damaging if left in harsh weather conditions,"

"That's really cool," George admits. "I'm sure that'll definitely sell. Especially to the professional Quidditch players who come round for the World Cup. I've still got my broom in the cupboard and wouldn't mind if you tested your work out on it if you'd like,"